Best days fishing results so far, numbers, size?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Best days fishing results so far, numbers, size?

Post by plowjock »

Hi Everyone.
Thought I'd throw this out just to see what everybody thinks is a good days fishing results in numbers and personal bests.
I've had a few years experience, but I'd like to help some members get bigger and better catches.
DaveH can attest to my prowess along with Leanne.
Zeke13,Trevor, CN have been there also along with Doug Catton.
I don't care about species, just numbers and size.
I must admit, I'm not into the trout scene, but everything goes.
Pan fish, crappies, walleyes, barbut, smallies, largies, muskies,pike, trout, lakers and specks etc.
You name it, write up about your best days so far in your fishing career
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Best days fishing results so far, numbers, size?

Post by Bear »

Pretty much having a chance to fish with you, on the Crestliner and the BassCat, we haven't caught up for quite a while but the memories are always there !!
Thanks for all the tips off the water and I still appreciate all the things u have done for me.
Since being part of the ORWL I've nailed some amazing Walleye, 11.5 is my pb
Best day ... Muskrat with JM .... searching for lakers we hit 20-30 JUMBO Perch .... go figure :roll:
Best Day again .... Sharing the fishing experience teaching young ones to fish either on ice or on shore .... Nothing Better to see a Kid smile
Worst Day ..... sitting beside JM in his portable on Crappie Bay using the same :evil: :evil: :evil: thing he was ... him yanking them out one after another and me not getting a thing

Looking to the Future !!! My Grand Daughter Finally coming to visit from Ohio and getting her on her first fish this summer :lol: :lol:
Thanks Brian
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Hi Bear
It sure has been a long time, but we've caught our share.
Always enjoy having you out for a fish.
Should be an early crappie season, RU ready to go?
Haulin Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Haulin Bass »

I would have to say my best days fishing were a combination of 3 consecutive 1/2 days ice fishing last Easter weekend. On those days the trout were hitting well. Iced 7 trout
and lost another 6. Had some good weights smallest was 2lbs and up from there. 7.7 lb,8.4 lb,10.2 lb,10.5 lb,10.8 lb and 13.5 lb. Drag on my reel was smokin lol. It sure is nice when you are in the right spot at the right time. Another time that sticks out to me was a trip to a trout lake for a days fishing with the down riggers. between the two of us we boated over thirty lakers that day. No real size but lots of fun. Just goes to prove that anybody can catch fish in Quebec :P
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Many good days

Best numbers: this past fall on Lake N. 80 plus fish (bass Crappie Pike) in under 5 hours, Went one stretch 7 casts 6 fish (girly hookset on one of them) all on a lucky craft 100 sp flash pointer old Tennessee shad

Best weight: two years ago on Lake O. using the new arashi storm crankbait Offered one to Plowjock, but he refused. His thumbs showed no rash from lipping bass.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

The number of fish that I catch, my thumbs are conditioned to this rash which you speaketh of.
You were just getting warmed up that day on Lake N.
I remember, I was trying to get a break and eat some sammich and this guy keeps yelping at me, Get the net.
Yah, I netted them all for him.
Lake O was a slightly better day for you, although I have put a mean hurting on you a few times on that Lake.
So, Storm did come up with a decent, Scottish influenced lure.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Too many days to list, but suffice it to say there have been a few. Had a few 6 -7 fish musky days, smallmouth every cast for hours and 30-40 speckle trout days in Alg. park. But the main thing I have paid attention to and learned over the years is that these days are rare. You can be prepared for them, but you can't make them happen. I have found that during certain weather patterns, especially pre-front, there is a window of time that practically all fish feed. You can fish a bare hook and practically catch fish. As life gets more hectic and there are more things to fulfill in the day I watch for these times and do my best to hit them. Like a surfer, you can sit out in the ocean waiting all day for the set of waves to come in, of just get there in time to take advantage. On some nice days now, I get the chores done instead of fishing through the tough bite... and then hit it hard for those pre-front weather bites.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Good topic Brian,

My best days were a few years back... hopefully I will make some new best days this year.

Lake Erie trolling for walleye and rainbows with old Fish-hawk member Markus and a buddy of mine, we went 80 for 91, catching, releasing and keeping some... 62 walleye and 18 rainbows in 8 hours of fishing.

Lake Erie walleye trolling with my buddy and his father-in-law, we caught our 18 walleye limit (average fish 4-5 pounds) in 1 hour and 20 minutes

Lake Scuggog muskie trolling landing 14 muskie in 1 day, including a double header.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing, I have had better days for size and numbers, but my best memory day was with my 2 daughters on their first Lake Ontario salmon fishing trip... my 8 year old landed a 23 pound chinook on a wire dipsey setup and my 11 year old landed a nice chinook on a single action mooching set up.

I guess I remember those few days so well, because my worst day list is so long.

JimW
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Jim W those worst days lists are long, BUT remember, they were learning experiences.
If each of us can gain from having a poor days fishing, and realize where we went wrong and work at correcting or changing our approach, we'll be much better fishermen.
I know when I started out, only a little over 20 years ago now, it was, but I hooked up with some darn good young lads, Pat Beahen, Jason Kluver, and Trevor Cheney.
Watched, asked questions, formed my opinions, went right off the wall in some approaches.
I think I have become a pretty good fisherman, at least I'm not a Vegetarian, Indian terminology for poor hunter and fisherman.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

So true Brian,

I picked up some good pointers from you as well on boating some nice bass and Rideau walleye when riding shot gun in the Crestliner.

Tight lines buddy
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

Best number days I have ever got was from my cottage Lake. It is stacked with pike. My first trip out last year in a 4hr trip out me and the father in law seen 74 pike in the boat and 12 ok bass. The 2 day trip to the cottage around 9hrs in the boat we landed 142 pike 24 bass 2 rockbass and a tiny bullhead.
The pike on the lake are small avg 2lb with the odd 24-30" thrown in. But sometimes quantity over quality is nice.
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

otownyaker, good to get a response from you.
Those days of multiple pike catches are fantastic.
Hope you take the time to taste these good fish.
Sounds like you have quite a trip to get to the cottage.
Have fun on the water.