Muskie Fishing Today

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Muskie Fishing Today

Post by Guest »

I'm heading out muskie fishing today at around 3pm and have an extra spot in the boat again. If you are interested, drop me a line. I'm probably hitting the Lower Ottawa near Rockland/Wendover.

Let me know.

HW
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

How I wish I wasn’t booked today ( have to go for cats with a friend and father in law). If Muskywanabe sees this, I’m sure he will be all over it.
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I just PMed you, give me a call if you still need a partner.
MW
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Report?

Post by Seaweed »

Any wrap-up report on this outing?

Post by Guest »

Oh ya, I guess I should have posted something. :)

FF and I went out at around 4:30pm on the Ottawa near Wendover. We landed a pike each (FF's was 26", mine wasn't worth measuring :) ). I then landed a feisty 33" muskie. We forgot to take pictures, but I have the release on video (analog unfortunately), so I'll work on getting the video comverted so I can post it here. The fish wasn't big, but it fought like the dickens. I caught it on an "extended" figure eight. There was a boil behind my bait as soon as I started the retrieve, so I said to FF, watch this! I sped the bait up, and moved into a figure eight boat side with the fish right behind the bait. It saw the boat, and took off. I kept doing the figure eight. The fish came up again, saw the boat, and dove. Finally, on the third time (after figure eighting for about 30 seconds) the fish smoked the bait. Put up a good fight for a small fish.

I managed to tear my hand wide open on the gill rakes because the fish was thrashing like crazy. That's what you get for hand-landing a "green" fish. I still will not wear gloves though! :) Gotta love gill-rake scars!

FF had another follow from a good fish that I still think he's shaking from. He was quite in shock. :)

It was a good outing. FF and I had lots of laughs, as usual.

HW
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Agreed HW, I should have posted aswell :oops: caught up in the trials of work :evil: But Hawg put it perfectly!!!!Thought the northern I got =was on the second pass, hit the 1st but took the second :D And for my follow WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I had ton look 3 times to make sure it was a fish!!!!! :shock: But saw a little peek at er and she was for sure a good fish, not the 50+ we were lookin for but for sure would have been my 1st skie of the last 2 years :D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

What a great time though saw another behind Hawg's bait less than 5 mins after the 1st was released too :shock:

A Million thx to HW again for sure!!!!!

The hump we hit bro a sure fire spot to try next time too!!!! :D

Once again thx a mill bro!!!!And if you need a P next time, I owe you a night on the town or atleast a few muskie tips :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Great times all around, T.L F.F
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

OK OK it was a 50+ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: K then agaiun maybe not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K bed time for FF :shock:

T.L F.F
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

I guess I may fill you guys in that I had a client release a 52 incher in that area around 1 pm that afternoon. Sorry for not leaving that hungry beauty for you two. If only I would of known. LOL
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :P :P :P GRRRRRRRRRRR TM,I will settle for a 32"er :lol: Been almost 2 years since one has come aboard for me.......

But I'll get er :D :D :D :D

52 Now thats a pig!!!!!!!!

WTG TM!!!!!!

T.L F.F

Post by Guest »

TM,

They don't call you FRC for nothing! :)

Good work!

*SIGH* :)

HW