Deer, oh dear

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Deer, oh dear

Post by saskie »

Excuse the off-topic post. I was wondering if any Hawk-talkers out there hunted deer. More particularly I was wondering if anyone needed a partner or could help me finding rifle hunting access in WMU 65 (generally S of HWY 17) within an hour of Kanata.
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

I'm in 64A/63B...1/2 hour from Kanata. both WMU's have 6 tags this year. PM me if you are interested.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

In 65 there are a few spots in Larose forest but you really have to walk it around to find some spots.

If you want to hunt the East end side I'd suggest asking farmers for access. That is how I used to do it before I got involved with a group in 63b.

Now that I live in Embrun I have farmers all around me and planning on asking for Deer and Geese hunting Permissions.

Hoser: 6 tags! If ever you do any bow hunting after the rifle hunt in November let me know.

Carlco
DV_8
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DV_8 »

Saskie,

I hunt deer in 64B in Kanata. There is no discharge of riffles allowed but there is a shotgun and muzzle-loader season in certain areas of 64B. I have been bowhunting for the last ten years here and have been very succesful. There is a ton of deer out here. If you bow hunt, I'll take you out with me sometimes if your interested. As far as riffle hunting, your not allowed in WMU 65. There is an archery,shotgun and muzzle-loading condition only. In 63A, 64A, and 66A which are within an hour from here have a riffle season but not much crown land. You have to drive around and go door knocking and ask farm/ land owners permission. Good Luck :D
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I soon realized that I got my zones mixed up, but I think Hoser and I have it sorted out now. I live in 64B and was looking for a rifle hunt. Just before I found out I was getting posted here I dropped 1500 on a brand spanking new .308 BLR that has yet to shoot anything but targets. That's the biggest reason I'm antsy to get a rifle hunt in. SG around home will be fine for the second tag.

Might take you up on the bowhunting offer next year.
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

Hey guys....we should be doing this via PM before the moderators and members get annoyed. This has nothing to do with fishing.