Lac Donaldson

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kev
Participant
Participant

Lac Donaldson

Post by Kev »

Hey guys, anyone know if there is a public launch for Lac Donaldson (north of L'Ange-Gardien) I'm looking for some nice smaller lakes closer to my place (Cumberland) on the Quebec side to explore this season.
U.L.
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Lac Donaldson

Post by U.L. »

Hi Kev, I do not believe there is a public launch there. If this is the lac Donaldson just above Buckingham. I have a buddy that lives on that lake and it is entirely surrounded by private property I do believe. Best of luck.

If I aint fish'n I aint breath'n

Cheers
U.L.
Kev
Participant
Participant

Post by Kev »

Yeah that's the one. That's too bad I'd love to get my little boat in there and check it out. It looks pretty awesome from what I can see on Google and Navionics.
joco01
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by joco01 »

Yep all private

But so many lakes you can go ro on ghe qc side, that have boat launch.

There 100s. I am sure you can try a few :lol:

Joco
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Here is what I think about their privates.

DUMP IT IN BABY! All public all the time. They don't own the road nor the water.

If they don't like it, too bad!

Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Would be a great place to bring a kayak since u don't need a boat launch for that..

Best of luck .. :)

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Jul0682 wrote:Would be a great place to bring a kayak since u don't need a boat launch for that..

Best of luck .. :)

Cheers
This is more my style!

Dropped my tinny with my 15hp at the time into what was called and labeled as a "Private" lake.

Man... did I ever get the stink eye from the Ontario plated cottage owners.

Best fishing ever!

Craig
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

I really have mixed emotions about this. You don't own the lake. im an ethical fisherman, and if you act like you own the lake, I wont be happy. What people dont know is that the trespassing laws are real lax in Qc. They can be summed up as follwing. If someone is trespassing, you can ask him to leave your land, then call the police if they don't. Once the police come, if you are fishing, they have to wait for you to stand on private property before they also ask you to leave. If you comply by walking your kayak a crossed a property, all you are doing is being impolite. I really don't like trespassing even briefly so I just find public lakes and fish on weekdays when Im alone... If you live in the area, walk up to an owner and just ask, they will most likely say yes.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

rex.stpierre wrote:I really have mixed emotions about this. You don't own the lake. im an ethical fisherman, and if you act like you own the lake, I wont be happy. What people dont know is that the trespassing laws are real lax in Qc. They can be summed up as follwing. If someone is trespassing, you can ask him to leave your land, then call the police if they don't. Once the police come, if you are fishing, they have to wait for you to stand on private property before they also ask you to leave. If you comply by walking your kayak a crossed a property, all you are doing is being impolite. I really don't like trespassing even briefly so I just find public lakes and fish on weekdays when Im alone... If you live in the area, walk up to an owner and just ask, they will most likely say yes.
I 100% agree with you! I do not trespass. What I do is exercise my right as a Canadian and use public land and do not let anyone bully me into believing that it is "Private" property.

I forget how many feet from the center of a road is public, but it amounts to at least 5 feet. Combine that to the 5 or 10 feet of shoreline that is all public and what you see in the picture is 100% legal.

Craig
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Love that rig cprince,

Simple and effective.
Light also.,,,,no need for big boat! To get load of fish.

Looking a this pict,,,its all ok,,wennits that flose to road/lake,,noone van say mutch,,,,the only prib,,it wen there parking sign all along the road,,,that as happen to me a lot that.

Or wen you put it out,,and later at night,,you vome bcak to veh to see sctrach or a paper saying badmword on your windshield,,,

To many think they own the lakes,,,,,

There mnay laeks on thenqc side where you can have those small vessel put in. Dont need a boat launch, Simply have some homework to be done, Boat launch maps etc,,,and call little village and ask questions
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

My neighbour's dad owns a spot there. Hope to try it this summer. I hear it is great fishing.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Owns a spot. Hahaha. A true spot or a place thats funny,

Cause i own many spots myself,,,,until i live it and someone helse take it. Lol :lol:

Not mutch cottgae on this lake, so not many own a spot,
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

They have a year round home on Lac Donaldson. Not sure what's so humurous Joco.
I can't imagine there are two Lac Donaldsons east of Perkins and North west of Buckingham.
Kerrazy

Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Own a spot,,,,,a fishing spot. Lol. I was talking about

Wow shear out bud,,,,,

Good for them,,,theres only a few house and cottage on this lake.,,for the size,,,

Wish you luck
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Sorry, Joco, missed the humour. 'Spot' got it!
Digging deep for a chuckle... Nope not there...

But, a moan is readily available. Stick to fishing bud! And get us some more reports!!! They are much better!
Kerrazy