Richmond fish and gun show.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Richmond fish and gun show.

Post by Walker »

Who is all going and which day?
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Richmond fish and gun show.

Post by RJ »

Birdee and I plan to pop in Sunday for a bit. It's the same as the Carp show minus the other buildings and muddy parking lot.

RJ
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

Is it this weekend?
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

How big is the fishing component I could not tell from their website.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Same as the last few years as far as fishing vendors. Be a fun day for guys headed to the show to also drive another 20 minutes and hit Baitcasters Anniversary Sale.

Yes it's this weekend.

RJ
Fisher4
Participant
Participant

Post by Fisher4 »

Will be going Saturday check out all fishing gear. Will be buying hollow body sunfish and new Rapala weedless rattle trap from pro tackle. Heard they will have a bunch at the show.
stopper35
Participant
Participant

Post by stopper35 »

What does 'same as last few years' mean to those of us who have never been to the show?

I hate paying 8 bucks to get into a building to spend money. Seriously, if Sail or Baitcasters had a cover charge, would you ever go in? :D

So bottom line from you folks who have attended in the past, are their deals to be had (to help recoup the admission fee) or is it just a chance to see items that you'd never buy but are interested in seeing?

It would be good if they listed the vendors on their website - not doing so makes me think they are disorganized or have a bunch of flea market quality tables set up.
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

Last year was my only time there but my thought of it was if you want hunting stuff you will find good deals on Guns knifes etc. The fishing side of it seemd to be more or less retail on the good items but a few good discounts on random just i would never think of buying.
It is the hunting and fishing show. Not the fishing and hunting show. And definitely seemed more geared to hunters
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

stopper35 wrote:What does 'same as last few years' mean to those of us who have never been to the show?

I hate paying 8 bucks to get into a building to spend money. Seriously, if Sail or Baitcasters had a cover charge, would you ever go in? :D

So bottom line from you folks who have attended in the past, are their deals to be had (to help recoup the admission fee) or is it just a chance to see items that you'd never buy but are interested in seeing?

It would be good if they listed the vendors on their website - not doing so makes me think they are disorganized or have a bunch of flea market quality tables set up.
I picked up a 700$ shotgun for 400$ once, picked up ziplock full of softbaits for 3$, picked up tunsten for 1$, picked up xraps for 4$ a peice.... If you show up with money at these little shows and know your prices, you can make a killing....
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

just back.... huge line up at 9am and when I left about 10:15 ..... not much fishing gear more guns and hunting gear couple outfitters
8 bucks was ok I guess .... was looking for a shot gun myself but no real deals to be had ....... wrote my turkey test .... only 1 wrong ... trip up question :| :| :|
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Dnbmike
Participant
Participant

Post by Dnbmike »

Well........just so you all know it is 'The Rod and Gun Show' :idea: :oops:
clint
Participant
Participant

Post by clint »

Went this morning. It was pretty busy which is nice, can only mean more things to come in sure. I wasn't really I. The market for anything but just wanted to support it. Had a baby in one arm and a 3 year old on the other so navigating through was tough but to be expected. My fish-hawk hat introduced me to a couple other fish-hawkers I hadn't met before too so that was nice too.
My daughter missed the fishing pond that was a regular at the carp show but my boots didn't miss the parking lot in carp one bit. French fries and tractor ride were her highlights.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Dropped by quickly this afternoon with the boys, Some good deals to be had.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

unless you are totally into hunting its not worth it.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Not worth what? The 8 bucks? Hell I pay 12 bucks for a movie and I never feel like its "worth" it.. :lol:

RJ