Fish-Hawk Improvements....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fish-Hawk Improvements....

Post by RJ »

Hey FH'ers!

When Luke and I acquired the site a little over a year ago we had plans for a quick upgrade to get the site the necessary changes that would spruce it up. While I have no idea the technical details on web work (Luke does ALL that) he was quick to realize the site was in a technical shambles. He basically told me if we did our original plan it would be the equivalent of painting an '87 Chevette to try and make it look better but still running like crap. A new plan was formed that would create a new platform.

Luke has worked tirelessly on this in the background creating these new pages and platform to make the changes that will have FH running clean and trouble free for years to come.

Two member stepped up for the site. Sean Mercer (Bl8ant) and Eric Lapointe (lapointeric) both had a hand in the design. Sean did the popular new logo and Eric the new Main Page (http://www.fish-hawk.net). Hats off to them for their work, it certainly was appreciated.

So what's new?

We now have a Main Page instead of just a forum. As you'll see it will have a "Feature Report" that will be rotated as new cool reports make their way into the forums, that's our way to showcase you guys and what you contribute to the site! Like we've always said, you folks make the site!

Off the main page there is a "Resources" page that houses MNR stuff, weather links and other helpful links. You'll also find a "Tournament/Clubs/Events" page. A calendar will show you month by month where and when all events are within a 90 minute drive of Ottawa.

Another cool edition is the Navionics Web App embedded right into FH. Click on that banner and Navionics loads mapping right to your screen for you to peruse the mapping!

What's next? A break for Luke... :lol: He tells me that the forum change is coming that will work off the same platform that he's created. Timetable for that we haven't decided but that is next.

Thanks for your support of FH!

RJ
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fish-Hawk Improvements....

Post by fatluke »

Slow and steady wins the race.

If I can add to what RJ has noted.

The new pages I have created are responsive (The layout changes based on the screen width of your device) so you may notice that the new pages look different on a computer, then on an ipad, then on a smart phone, etc. Eventually the forums will be moved into a responsive layout also. This will greatly improve usability and readability on your mobile devices. It is coming, but very slowly. I have a lot of upgrades to the forum software which is not just "easy" as there have been years of customizations done to the current forum. Anyway, it will come.

Please get in touch with me if you notice any errors or strange layout behaviours on the new pages. Please indicate the operating system and browser you experienced the issue in and a screen shot if possible.

Luke
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Ooo... Shiny!

Looks great!!
afaust
Participant
Participant

Post by afaust »

Looks great guys, thank you for your hard work. I haven't been on often, however, I had a bbs long ago (precursor to forums for the young guys), and I understand that hard work and dedication it takes to get a site going, and keeping it running.

Allan
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

Looks great! Love it!
Thanks for all the hard work!
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

The front door looks great, and works well so far on an iPhone! Congrats on the front end work! And screw you if you think I'll give either one of you jerks a ride in my classic 87 'vette.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Looks great boys, I look froward to the final product once you're done with the renovations.

I like the idea of a featured report!
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Harpee61
Participant
Participant

Post by Harpee61 »

Looking really great! Thanks a lot for all the hard work guys.
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

Looks great on an Android phone, looks great all around actually. Thanks for the hard work guys.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Looks great fellows! I'm the featured post of the day...miss that day!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Great work guys!! Front page looks awesome!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

To think Fish-Hawk would have probably been a gonna by now if you guys hadn’t stepped up, good stuff, main page looks great.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Looks awesome fellas.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

:D :D
GR8 Work guys!
Looks awesome .... love how the front page looks and acts (responds) to use on my phone vs laptop!

Cheers!
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Much appreciated.