Fish-Hawk Improvements....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Re: Fish-Hawk Improvements....

Post by badbass72 »

Looks great but I still can't figure out the comparison to an '87 Chevette...those babies were incredible
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Key word. "Were". :lol:

RJ
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

Awesome work guys!
Well Done and much appreciated, for sure!!!
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Glad to see effort put into the site. Though I must say that I was a little disappointed that I was forced to use the FishHawk theme after I updated my email address. I personally preferred the "Professional" theme (or whatever it was called). I personally find the FishHawk theme virtually impossible to quickly scan for new postings. Everything is red and the "read" vs "unread" icons are virtually identical. At least with the other theme the unread items clearly stood out on the page.

Just my $0.02

-Todd
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Thanks for the feedback Todd.

I had to scrap the other themes as it was getting too messy. I will address your concerns of making read and unread posts more distinctly visible. This likely won't happen with the fish hawk theme as it is, but will happen with a new and improved, responsive (mobile friendly) theme.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
Terry in Almonte
Participant
Participant

Post by Terry in Almonte »

Just saw the new layout for the first time and it looks very good.

But I’m not sure how to access the Navionics feature that you mentioned. Is there anything you can tell me to get me on track?

Thanks
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Hello thanks for the inquiry, I just had the whole message board and 20 years of posts moved to an updated version of the software. I tried to keep things looking similar but with the updated software a few things had to change.

For the Navionics feature on the Fish-Hawk home page below the “Feature” you should see a Navionics banner, if you click on the banner it will take you directly to the Navionics WebApp where you can view Navionics maps on your computer or mobile device via the Internet. If you want the Navionics Mobile App you would have to download and pay for the mobile app through the App Store.

I hope that helps.

0FAA9181-2398-43D5-B60E-28C30EB02AE8.jpeg
0FAA9181-2398-43D5-B60E-28C30EB02AE8.jpeg (280.77 KiB) Viewed 2989 times

After you click on the Navionics banner the web app opens to the maps. On the maps if you click the “button” in the bottom left and choose “Sonar Chart” you will get more detailed contour lines on the maps.

D39E6814-F6AA-45A6-B981-C2DC8A3EE256.jpeg
D39E6814-F6AA-45A6-B981-C2DC8A3EE256.jpeg (277.25 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
Terry in Almonte wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 am Just saw the new layout for the first time and it looks very good.

But I’m not sure how to access the Navionics feature that you mentioned. Is there anything you can tell me to get me on track?

Thanks
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing