Trolling motors

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Trolling motors

Post by Spence Scout »

Ive used the US2 on the Maxxum, Maxxum Pro, Fortrex and Terrova and al lhave worked flawlessly. I truly believe you will regret not getting it for the little extra money it is. The only time I had issues was interference and all I had to do was separate the cables more and it worked fine. It beats having an expensive transducer externally to get hit or knocked when fishing shallow. Ive caught tons of fish because of the US2. So Id buy that as well hands down. Plus running an external transducer on a terrova or powerdirve is a pain because you cant attach it to the shaft as easy as a cable drive motor. The shaft has to slide through the collar on the terrovas and powerdrives. Where as the cable drive motors they dont. So if you get a powerdrive or terrova be ready to not have a transducer at all on the front..
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Spence Scout wrote:Ive used the US2 on the Maxxum, Maxxum Pro, Fortrex and Terrova and al lhave worked flawlessly. I truly believe you will regret not getting it for the little extra money it is. The only time I had issues was interference and all I had to do was separate the cables more and it worked fine. It beats having an expensive transducer externally to get hit or knocked when fishing shallow. Ive caught tons of fish because of the US2. So Id buy that as well hands down. Plus running an external transducer on a terrova or powerdirve is a pain because you cant attach it to the shaft as easy as a cable drive motor. The shaft has to slide through the collar on the terrovas and powerdrives. Where as the cable drive motors they dont. So if you get a powerdrive or terrova be ready to not have a transducer at all on the front..
Hmmm.......back to 2nd guessing myself!!!! :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How do you mean: "separate the cables more"? :? :?
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

Spence Scout wrote:The Terrova is the best selling electric steer motor in North America. Its got a sturdier mount, easier to use foot pedal, easier deployment and stow mechanism. And you can use both the remote and pedal at the same time if needed unlike the Powerdrive series. If you go Motorguide youve made the decision to fish technology way behind the best!
they both have the same bolt pattern,you can mount an xi5 on a MK quick release mount plate,but you do have to mount the MG pretty far ahead on the bow,the terrova has a groove in the shaft,a simple disassembly,let's you run a transducer cable under the shaft collars,I guess Bill, you have to take a chance and pick one, :lol: ,I'll take you for a spin on my bay boat, and you can play with the xi5,before you decide.
Last edited by PunchRig on Mon May 02, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

PunchRig wrote:
Spence Scout wrote:The Terrova is the best selling electric steer motor in North America. Its got a sturdier mount, easier to use foot pedal, easier deployment and stow mechanism. And you can use both the remote and pedal at the same time if needed unlike the Powerdrive series. If you go Motorguide youve made the decision to fish technology way behind the best!
surely your joking ?
I knew someone was gonna eventually push Chris's buttons by dissing Motorguide!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

don't matter to me,I have had both,I did my homework,when I got Dave to pre order my xi5,took the chance on new technology,and it has been flawless,and I use both HB and Lowrance,so I could go either way, to use the electronic gateways,,the real technology is in the add ons,you have alot of options bill,just toss $3k on Daves counter and he'll fix you up ! :lol:
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Hey what I meant was the US2 cable thats connects to the US2 connector was touching the trolling motor power cable so what I believed was it was throwing interference that way. After I separated them with some wire sleeves the black plastic covers I didnt have the issue anymore.

Terrova 80/US2 W/Ipilot and you will never buy anything else...are you after a 12volt of 24volt sysytem

Motorguide isnt even close in terms of research and development like MK is. And Im not saying that to poke the bear in anyway, its just a fact.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Spence Scout wrote:Hey what I meant was the US2 cable thats connects to the US2 connector was touching the trolling motor power cable so what I believed was it was throwing interference that way. After I separated them with some wire sleeves the black plastic covers I didnt have the issue anymore.

Terrova 80/US2 W/Ipilot and you will never buy anything else...are you after a 12volt of 24volt sysytem

Motorguide isnt even close in terms of research and development like MK is. And Im not saying that to poke the bear in anyway, its just a fact.
I think I've finally settled on the Terrova 55#, US2,
54" shaft w/ iPilot, going to stick w/ the 12V system. :D 8)

Thanx to everyone for the wealth of information. :geek: 8)