Champlain Bridge Trout

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Champlain Bridge Trout

Post by emeraldpirate »

Good day guy"s
Just started fly fishing a couple years ago and caught some small bass but would like to improve my technique and try my hand at some trout locally. I've searched and read that trout have been stocked near Champlain Bridge. Can anyone confirm if they've ever had any success fly fishing for trout in the Ottawa and what type of flies should I be using to entice one of these beauties.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Tight lines

Thanks
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Champlain Bridge Trout

Post by fatluke »

You may have a hard time getting any information on the infamous Ottawa river Browns. I know there are a few folks on here who have targeted them with some success. Hopefully they will reach out to you, but don't hold your breath. :-)
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

I have heard about success their but as indicated you will likley have to go out and chart your areas ;)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Yes i ah e caught some on the fly there, But it was the days after they stock, near the spot they put in,
And my friends also,

But personaly think theres better spor dor trout, Simple homework,,look dor the stocking list and hit those area,,,in a flat tune or a yak canoe,,etc Might be a bit more travel. But it might worth it.

Good hunt,
Joco