Crappie and perch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Crappie and perch

Post by Bob23 »

Hey there!
I would like to try crappie/perch this year. Are you eating them? Is there places where you would actually avoid eating the fish you catch from? I've heard that McLaurin Bay in Gatineau may be on this list...
Finally, any suggestion on where to start? Preferably on the Quebec side since I don't have a license for Ontario yet...

Thanks!
Bob
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Crappie and perch

Post by Lvace »

Your QC license covers you for both sides of the Ottawa river. I have and know of many who have eaten crappie and perch out of baie mclaurin ! Try up further there are a few baies across from Rockland that hold good numbers
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

I don't think you have to worry about eating crappie and perch from anywhere in the area.
You want to looks for warm, shallow water at this time of year, preferably with some weed, rock, or wood. Do some searching on the forum, there have been a few local spots revealed.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

Thanks for the info guys. Good to know my license is good on either side of the Ottawa River.
I'll do some research and give a try soon!

Thanks!