Inflatable boat

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Inflatable boat

Post by Bob23 »

Hi!
This year I'm going to take my family vacations in a remote area, with millions of lakes and rivers to explore. With the family, dog and all the stuff that comes with them, no place left for a canoe or something to go on water and fish. Do you know if there is a "portable" boat/canoe available on the market that could be used for fishing (ideally for 2)? I'm thinking something like an inflatable boat but all I see if stuff for kids...
I can always fish from the shore in some of these places but a canoe or boat would really expand the possibilities...

Thanks!
Bob
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Inflatable boat

Post by Peron »

I have an Advanced Elements inflatable fishing Kayak that stows away pretty small and it has a nice construction. I am happy with it.

They have a whole range of product and you can buy through Amazon when you find one you like http://www.advancedelements.com/

Rod
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

You could always look at this if you still have the room.

https://www.porta-bote.com/new-14-4-28m-porta-bote/

I know Lawrence Gunther used one before. He used it for the platform of the blind fishing boat.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

lape0019 wrote:You could always look at this if you still have the room.

https://www.porta-bote.com/new-14-4-28m-porta-bote/

I know Lawrence Gunther used one before. He used it for the platform of the blind fishing boat.
Wow!
That's very nice!!! But almost 4k... which is much more than I'm willing to pay... but love the concept! Thanks for sharing!
jjcanoe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jjcanoe »

Check out the Seahawks boats they sell at Canadian Tire, a few models come with rod holders, my son has one and they seem pretty tough. Not too costly and if you don't need it right away they seem to go on sale sometime during the summer, he got his for under $100 on sale
2015 Crestliner Vision 1700
115 Mercury 4 stroke
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

I have a big inflatable that you are welcome to borrow for your trip (are you in Ottawa? ). Easily fits two, very stable. I use it for hunting and fishing, but very rarely. I won't need it until fall.

Doesn't pack super small, but pretty good considering the inflated size which i think is at least 10 feet (can't remember).

Yours too borrow!
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

jjcanoe wrote:Check out the Seahawks boats they sell at Canadian Tire, a few models come with rod holders, my son has one and they seem pretty tough. Not too costly and if you don't need it right away they seem to go on sale sometime during the summer, he got his for under $100 on sale
Thanks jj, I'll look for it.
scarkner wrote:I have a big inflatable that you are welcome to borrow for your trip (are you in Ottawa? ). Easily fits two, very stable. I use it for hunting and fishing, but very rarely. I won't need it until fall.

Doesn't pack super small, but pretty good considering the inflated size which i think is at least 10 feet (can't remember).

Yours too borrow!
er... wow... I mean... really?
This is incredibly nice of you! :o I really appreciate the offer. I'll send you a PM.
Sorry I just can't believe how awesome this place is...
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Fished with a hobie inflatable that allows you to pedal or paddle. That is important because you can troll or you can adjust position while still fishing.

c
...anything to bend the rod
jjcanoe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jjcanoe »

Saw the 2 and 3 man Seahawks boats on sale at Canadian Tire in Bancroft this weekend
2015 Crestliner Vision 1700
115 Mercury 4 stroke
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

jjcanoe wrote:Saw the 2 and 3 man Seahawks boats on sale at Canadian Tire in Bancroft this weekend
Thanks! Saw it too... might fall to temptation...!
tombiosis
Participant
Participant

Post by tombiosis »

I was thinking of selling my Sevylor Fish Hunter 360...
its rated foor 1100lbs and a 2.5 hp motoor... (has the motor mount)
there is a bunch of youtube vids on customizing it with a floor like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrQx1yLT3yM

if I decide to sell would you be interested?
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

tombiosis wrote:I was thinking of selling my Sevylor Fish Hunter 360...
its rated foor 1100lbs and a 2.5 hp motoor... (has the motor mount)
there is a bunch of youtube vids on customizing it with a floor like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrQx1yLT3yM

if I decide to sell would you be interested?
Depends on the price. I wanted to start with something entry level to see if I like it but if the price and quality is good, I would consider it. It may be a little big though.. You can PM me.