Secret handshake?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Secret handshake?

Post by Peron »

So after being rescued from freezing on Shirleys Bay this winter by scarkner in his awesome hut, I started my first experience with fishing with Fish-hawkers. I tried to meet up with some at tail-gators this winter but I left since the only group that I saw that might have been FH'ers, were also possibly a bike gang. Wasn't ready to chance that :shock: !
Met up with a few on the Ice but that is an easy area to chat. Met RJ at the Show this winter but that was a known venue.
Anyways, fishing with scarkner a few weeks ago in the evening we saw some guy skulking around in the shrubs. I figured he was burying a corpse or possibly waiting on a 'deal' but we eventually determined he had a fishing rod. Scarkner then does the intros and bellows, "are you on fish-hawk?" Sure enough, another FH'er.
Last night I hit the shore for cats with one of my lads and there were others fishing... Went up to the first and asked if there was any bite.. "Nope... Are you Peron?" .... Another FHer.... And we caught a bunch of cats!

Shouldn't we have a secret handshake or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am having a blast meeting all the other addicts!!!!!

Rod
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Secret handshake?

Post by RJ »

This is 100% what FH is all about. It's the core of the site and the main reason why Luke and I pulled it from headed to the ashes.

Wait til you get recognized at the grocery store by some random person and you're wife is wondering What The Hell?.. :lol:

There's a VERY good chance anyone you bump into on the water has been on FH, we average over 2000 unique visitors a day!

RJ

P.S. FH Hats Help... ;) :lol:
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

That's awesome man and glad to hear it. Like RJ said, this is a place to meet your future fishing buddies. I have made a lot of friends over the years from this site. In fact that is how RJ and I met, through this site. This is the place to meet people, share knowledge, improve your fishing skills, share your reports and make life long fishing buddies.

I have a story to add to that.

Three weeks ago I was at a Salmon/big lake trolling workshop down here in the Quinte region. The seminar was put on by a local guide, salmon tournament angler and all around big lake genius who has been dedicated to the big lake for over 30 years. It was at the carrying place church. Anyways as we were mingling in the parking lot with all of the other anglers, a guy asks me "so you came down from Ottawa for this?", I said no I live 20 minutes from here. He proceeded to tell me he figured I lived in Ottawa because I was wearing a fish-hawk.net hat. He says "I have one of the older burgundy ones".. We had a chat and he is a member from back in the day and fished with bobber ( Rob Arkinson - co-founder of fish-hawk.net), and got a hat quite a few years back. I told him I owned the site now with..... and he cut me off "RJ".....

The sad part about this story is, it ended there. Somehow or another, which I still can't for the life of remember what happened, but our conversation ended. I don't recall if we were interrupted, or called back in to resume the workshop, but I never did get his name or handle.

Anyway, if the I am talking about happens to read this, send me a note or introduce yourself here. It would be nice to know who you are. :-)
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

I need to pick me one of the hats. It would definitely be a good visual indication.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

This is exactly why I painted the Fish-Hawk logo on my ice-shack (with permission). Was fun this winter to see how many guys came over to say hi specifically because they saw the logo.

Still gotta get a hat!!!!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Lots of hats available folks.

Get out there and get your heads covered in style for the summer. :-)
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I've met quite a few good guys over the years through this site as well.

Met up with an old elementary school friend who I had not heard of since grade 8, took a few guys out fishing with me that turned out to be good guys and speak to at least 4 members on a daily basis.

I Rock my FH hat whenever fishing to.
PòóF
Participant
Participant

Post by PòóF »

I meet a couple of Guys from Fish hawk at last years, Ms Bassin Tournament (RJ, Lape, couple others I can't remember off the top of my head) and they've all been super awesome. This site is Pretty awesome, although I don't post often, I do Browse the Forums a lot and I Love seeing what everyone is catching and Chatting about and hopefully steal a few tips and tricks along the way and maybe find a new fishing buddy or two.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Rod,
Secret hand shake! Love it!

I too, when ever I meet someone, I always ask, hey, are you on FH? And if they are not I tell them about.

I should slam a big logo on the boat. Hmm

Would I than be sponsored or a field rep...
Lol.

I have met some great friends on here. Keep it up guys!
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

This is why i "fish-hawk"
Because I Love to share stories catches tricks and tips.
I have meet s few good guys from this site!

My car,kayak and trailer all have FH logos proudly displayed. And because of this I have need some great guys who have seen them.

Fourms are a way to share my passion with like minded ppl and I'm thankfull fish hawk it here for this
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures