I took a Selfie! Carpie?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I took a Selfie! Carpie?

Post by Peron »

Little story behind the photo:
Today was supposed to be my opener, cruising the waterways in my new "ride" and hauling in Pike by the dozen. Well, a bad elbow and a wonky shoulder convinced me this morning that loading/unloading my canoe, gear, motor, battery etc. by myself was not a good idea. Oh, well.. not a problem, I know many shore spots where I have caught good Pike. Well, not so much today. At one spot I had a solid fish follow the lure twice but the rest of the time was me thrashing the water. I am all for targeting a species but today I wanted a fish. Opened the trunk and pulled out my emergency can opener and a can of corn. Went to my favourite carp spot! Crap! Two guys in waders and not a fish in sight! Oh well, I found a secluded bit of river and noticed a small carp swim by. Seeded the water, tossed in the line and sat down to enjoy the sun. Eventually i noticed some telltale mud plumes and bingo! What a fight... This one meant business. In the weeds, drag peeling runs, wrapped around a branch but in the end we took a selfie together!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 1141 times
Not what I was expecting today but a 22 lb fish (weighed) will certainly help morale when the chips are down! I always bring some extra gear for times when the main attraction does not appear. My skill at targeting a fish ( especially with the help of Fish-Hawk) has greatly improved but there are always days when a backup plan, even panfish, can turn a long day into a fun day. Note: I strongly recommend a bib if you take a selfie with a carp and definitely don't pop in to the grocery store afterwards! People were wrinkling their noses. Finally a shot of him in all his goldfish glory.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (3.71 MiB) Viewed 1141 times
Rod
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: I took a Selfie! Carpie?

Post by Netman »

Looks like Mr Carp should turn that frown upside down :lol: . Any 22lb fish will put up a great fight. I'll bet it tested your aches and pains. Nice plan B
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Holy carp! Way to go with plan B! Awesome fish?
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Congrats on a nice carp and great pics