Charleston opener

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Charleston opener

Post by jshow89 »

Hey guys looking to go out Saturday morning for the lake trout opener, what kind of crowds should I expect? Just curious from anyone with past experience
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Charleston opener

Post by Netman »

The only crowds you'll see is at the boat launch if you don't get there early enough :lol:

There won't be too many boats out cause a lot of people think that there's no trout in there but they're wrong.
More people seem to head up to the Big Rideau for a better chance to get bigger fish
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Netman wrote:The only crowds you'll see is at the boat launch if you don't get there early enough :lol:
Use the launch at the end of Water street. It's generally much quieter there and a great launch out of the wind.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Post by jshow89 »

Thanks guys, I'll likely be going out solo so I will just go early and hope for time and space at the launch
Malyon18
Participant
Participant

Post by Malyon18 »

I'm there every year, last year was the first year I actually noticed an increase in boat traffic specifically fishing trout. Lots of boats in big waters. Get there early enough and the launch is usually not busy. Leaving I usually try to hit the launch around lunch, I find most of the joy riding boats have gone out by then and it's slightly less busy. Good luck!
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

Netman wrote:...More people seem to head up to the Big Rideau for a better chance to get bigger fish
shhhh

There are no trout in Big Rideau. Gonna be busy out there for sure. Can't wait!