Lac-ste-Marie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lac-ste-Marie

Post by Wally »

Anybody went to Lac-ste-marie this weekend how was your luck,it was very very slow for me. Seen lots of fisherman was just wondering how they were making out.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Lac-ste-Marie

Post by Bass Addict »

It was Phenomenal !!!!
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Wally »

The weather yes ,I knew you would reply,can you PM me with a few early opening spots, and what you were fishing with and how deep you were.I troll and jig all around
the lake for 2 days and caught 1 walleye.Maybe if your alone one weekend you can pick me up at the dock.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Hey Wally

sometimes I wonder whether you are just posting on the board for some fun and to see how people might respond. You've been posting on this site for a couple of years now asking questions about walleye fishing on Lac Ste. Marie. If you are serious, it isn't that hard man. There is a ton of stuff to read on the net on how to catch walleye spring, summer and fall on soft water. Bass Addict replied to your post saying the fishing was phenomenal. So did you see his thread about catching a few walleye this weekend? He mentioned exactly what he was doing....what depth....what bait....he even mentioned how he came up with the technique - by reading about it on the internet (hint when a guy like Big Jim mentions a specific technique it's you know.....maybe worth a shot). I'm no detective but I'd say there's a reasonable chance those pics of nice walleyes came from Lac Ste. Marie given he said it was phenomenal and posted pics in another thread.

If you are being serious maybe you should create for yourself a little basic rule book of what to do in specific seasons all of which you can figure out in an evening on the internet and then just follow that.

best of luck

Mick
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Wally »

Are you a spy on this site or what, i''m not really impress on your comment. No i'm not posting for fun ,I saw maybe 500 boats on this lake this weekend and I spent
2 full days fishing different dept and technigues ,start to think its me ,what i'm I doing wrong.So its nice to have people give you info and tips ,if they want to share.
I read tons of video on you tubes about walleye fishing,i did try a few but nothing seem to work.I been fishing in Northern Ontario for 40 years and never had to
struggle like that to catch a few Walleye.This area is new to me and I find it tough to fish....Wally
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Yep,Lac Ste Marie it is........eventually one day we'll meet up and see if we can catch some keepers between the both of us:icon-wink: :icon-wink:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Wally »

Thank Luc, really appreciate your info, was very kind of you.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Keep at er Wally, 4 buddies of mine were up there this past weekend and all failed.
So it's not just you.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/