LOOKOUT

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
swampdonkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

LOOKOUT

Post by swampdonkey »

After a nice Friday walleye slugfest I come back to a boat trailer that wasn't how I left it, someone took the time to unbolt 2 ratchet boat buckles! And a spare tire and tire mount! SCUMBAGS
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: LOOKOUT

Post by smitty55 »

God damned lowlifes.Similar thing happened out at the headpond a couple of years back to a member here. What area were you in so folks know to look out?

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
swampdonkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by swampdonkey »

smitty55 wrote:God damned lowlifes.Similar thing happened out at the headpond a couple of years back to a member here. What area were you in so folks know to look out?

Cheers
That's exactly where it happened, clay bank boat launch!
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Wow that sucks for sure. Thanks for the info..

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Absolutely sucks.

It seems every year someone gets taken there. That launch is great. The only downside is that it is so far from the road that it offers a lot of cover from prying eyes.
The Don
Participant
Participant

Post by The Don »

It happened to me last year same area but at the Baskins launch...I reported it to the OPP etc...the more reports or complaints that go in the more attention they will pay to the area.....But one thing I'm curious about ...

did you notice an older guy about 60 yrs of age, balding with a large pot belly driving a grey/tan SUV around when you launched, you might want to keep an eye on him..He didn't have a boat or any fishing gear and was just hanging around ? ...I pretty sure this is the turd who's responsible....I just wish we had of taken the plate of his vehicle...You might want to check out Kijji etc....Just the off chance he listed your stuff..?

Don
Olivier Livernoche
Participant
Participant

Post by Olivier Livernoche »

Sorry to hear that.

Was wondering if someone would be nice enough to give me directions to Clay banks launch. Have been trying to find it online but it is proving to be more difficult than I imagined.

Thanks

Oli
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Olivier,

You need to buy a permit before going there. I picked mine up at the Antrim Truck Stop. Go there and ask for a launch permit. They will give you directions but it is essentially about 5 minutes from the truck stop on the same road. There is a small sign where you need to turn in so try not to miss it.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I seriously think it's time to set up a sting operation on this spot. Worst thing is jack squat would be done to the guy even if ya caught him and called the cops.

Video of him stealing stuff and getting it on Social Media would be best.

RJ
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

The Don wrote:It happened to me last year same area but at the Baskins launch...I reported it to the OPP etc...the more reports or complaints that go in the more attention they will pay to the area.....But one thing I'm curious about ...

did you notice an older guy about 60 yrs of age, balding with a large pot belly driving a grey/tan SUV around when you launched, you might want to keep an eye on him..He didn't have a boat or any fishing gear and was just hanging around ? ...I pretty sure this is the turd who's responsible....I just wish we had of taken the plate of his vehicle...You might want to check out Kijji etc....Just the off chance he listed your stuff..?

Don
First off Swampy, this is getting irritating to hear.

I also reported a break in at Baskins last year to the OPP, in which they damaged my truck prying the door open, and stole everything not attached inside. This was a week after, I left my box unlocked and my toolbox was swiped at Red Pine. Both occasions were broad daylight,
I spoke to an officer in Kanata, who could not locate the Launch I was talking about using google, so I really didn't seem confident anyway, I asked how many calls would be required for an increase in Police presence, of course I realize where launch thefts land in the grand scheme of priorities. His answer was 'Tons"..
it gets Irksome that we now pay for the majority of these launches in Arnprior and all launches in McNabb/ Braeside/Horton, and soon all launches in Arnprior, yet there is no protection from theses folks who swing by drive really slow, stare at the lake, check out your stuff, hang around, smoke some cigs, and just sort of vanish.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

RJ wrote:I seriously think it's time to set up a sting operation on this spot. Worst thing is jack squat would be done to the guy even if ya caught him and called the cops.

Video of him stealing stuff and getting it on Social Media would be best.

RJ
That would be great. With video evidence I would like to think that would nail them.
I just talked to Jim Miles to warn him about this as I know he guides there. Turns out he's going on Saturday so he was happy about the warning. A buddy of his got hit at baskins last year too. Anyway, I offered him one of my small camo trail cams but unfortunately there are no trees to hide the cam in at Clay Bank and if you put it in the window it could be spotted.

Car camcorders are fairly common now and not expensive. If I had a real expensive outfit I'd be looking into prices for some sort of hidden surveillance system for my truck. Heck, I bet China makes cheap ones. I've been around for sixty years now and the one constant in life that has never changed is that there will always be god damned, low life, thieving scum bags who would steal a man's property. It doesn't get much lower than that.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

This needs some good old fashioned country discipline to solve this issue.

Pure ignorance.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.