a visit to Langara Island Lodge

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

a visit to Langara Island Lodge

Post by C5 »

spent 4 days up at Langara, Haida Gwaii with my wife last week. This is by far the earliest I have gone up, but the fish numbers were still excellent and we even saw some early run coho's.
First time at the Langara Island Lodge... I have always stayed down below in the Fishing Lodge. While both offer exceptional fishing, great food and accommodation,the Island Lodge is certainly more luxurious and was the right choice with my wife along... biggest difference was having to use a guide, which turned out to be an awesome experience.
the humpbacks and orcas were present is good numbers (and unfortunately the sea lions as well:) ) and the chinook cooperated for the most part.
Caught one tyee 41"x 27".. (~35lbs) released for another day. First class fishing at a first class location
[img]file:///C:/Users/rcampbell/Desktop/100D5200/DSC_0461.JPG[/img]
the release
the release
DSC_0461.JPG (5.47 MiB) Viewed 3918 times
DSC_0489.JPG
DSC_0489.JPG (5.3 MiB) Viewed 3918 times
Attachments
tyee
tyee
DSC_0459.JPG (5.17 MiB) Viewed 3918 times
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: a visit to Langara Island Lodge

Post by CBB »

Congrats on some real nice fish and great pics. A great adventure for sure and it is beautiful out on the west coast.
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Congrats on the nice catches guys.. :) Glad to see u had a blast..

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Thanks for sharing! I would love to get out there pone day!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Tyee!!

That sound's like a great trip. Congrats on the tyee and thanks for sharing.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Looks like an awesome place and an enjoyable trip Ron! Great salmon fishing and pics - smiles say it all. Four days must have gone by quickly.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

My boyfriend back in college worked there for his summers as a dock hand. It's such an amazing and beautiful place. Hope you got to enjoy some of the fine cuisine as well!

Thanks for the report :)
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

Awesome Tia,

the staff parties are epic:) on a trip a few years ago my son's first few hours every morning in the boat were a bit tough after "meeting" with staff

I would have loved the chance to spend a summer there and yes the 4 course dinners with wine matchings isn't hard to take after a day on the water:)

At the Fishing Lodge boats are out at 430am, but the Island Lodge asks that you wait till 6 so it becomes much more civilized...

I found it hard to wait to go out till 6, but my wife thought 13 hours on the water was enough:) She really enjoyed the trip, in fact she is pumped to go back

Worse thing was that I lost my lucky Rapala hat in 14' seas coming home one night!
alexb
Participant
Participant

Post by alexb »

Thanks for sharing and the pics sorry to hear about loosing your lucky Rapala hat.
There are those who Fish and those who just DISTURB THE WATER
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Enjoyed following you whole vacation on Facebook Ron. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing here.

RJ
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

Thanks RJ,

best trips ever.. the Alaska cruise with SilverSea was perfect.. not a single issue to complain about and the fact that Jocelyne suggested we go to Langara because we were already out west was even better!

You will appreciate this more than most but frankly the opportunity to see her land her first ocean run salmon and be awestruck with the surrounding made that trip one of my best ever... she is talking already about going back!I missed a trip out with you in the fall.. give me call if you ever have time!

Ron