More Thievery in Arnprior

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

More Thievery in Arnprior

Post by Mike M »

Just to let everyone know the stealing hasn't stopped in Arnprior. A friend of mine had a bunch of gear stolen from his truck at the ramp behind the airport at the headpond yesterday. While at the police station, he ran into another chap who was there to report that his vehicle was broken into at the same place at the same time. Someone needs to take down these punks, as I'm sure it's the same folks who have been stealing at Claybanks.
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: More Thievery in Arnprior

Post by IgglesD »

Man oh Man does this burn my arse.

Is there even a solution? Several incidents reported to police over 2-3 years, still an issue.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

IgglesD wrote:Man oh Man does this burn my arse.

Is there even a solution? Several incidents reported to police over 2-3 years, still an issue.

Yes there is.

Stop fishing there. Let all the Mayor know know that you won't be fishing in Arnprior, and won't be spending any money there, and if any one asks about Claybanks etc just say its not safe. Bitching and whining here won't accomplish anything. The police will do something if City hall asks them to do something about it.
Rich_22
Participant
Participant

Post by Rich_22 »

It is a real pee pee off that this type of thing happens, and Im sure its not only at claybanks. I really dont think the mayor or police will be quick to act either due to the fact that that they likely have more pressing issues at hand. If you stop fishing there the theives will simply move to a new launch, thats what they do. Thank you for the original post, at least some of us are now aware of the issue and can be more cautious when going to this particular area and more alert to suspicious people or vehicles there.
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

CN wrote:
IgglesD wrote:Man oh Man does this burn my arse.

Yes there is.

Stop fishing there. Let all the Mayor know know that you won't be fishing in Arnprior, and won't be spending any money there, and if any one asks about Claybanks etc just say its not safe. Bitching and whining here won't accomplish anything. The police will do something if City hall asks them to do something about it.
Actually...... this is the perfect place for it, it involves fisherman and a boat launch? Keeps fishing community informed of the launch activity, as much as I don't like hearing about peoples misfortunes, I sure do appreciate the updates, as do other folks I am aware of fishing the area.

City Hall has been informed

Stating something is still an issue is far from whining, isn't it?

Don't fish there anymore??? Someone breaks into your house you won't live there anymore? Shake your head man
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Perhaps the solution is that people don't fish there enough!

I launched out of Clay Banks on July 2nd and was the only car there at noon!

I heard that the smaller launch (where I was going to pick up a friend with my boat) by the airport had had some issues a couple days prior, so I told him to park his car at Claybanks ($10 to park a car, really!).

When we got off the water (problem free) at around 8 pm, there was one (or maybe 2) other car also there. Had the ramp been busier, I would have felt the area would be a little safer from break-ins but it was a ghost town. But, despite the howling wind that day, fishing was good!
The Don
Participant
Participant

Post by The Don »

Mike, Any idea of what time of day did your friends truck got hit ???

Tx...Don
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Time for some country justice. Set up a sting operation, that'll fix the bastards.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Hammer
Participant
Participant

Post by Hammer »

I'll second IgglesD. Stop going there!! $10 to put a boat in and fish. With all the $$$ we pay for licences etc. why are we still paying more!! I live in Renfrew and would have to spend $75 as a no-resident season pass to put my boat in and fish a spot I've been fishing for over 20 years. I called the town to complain and all I was told was "go someplace else to fish then". I could go on and on with my rant but I won't. Sorry for the dudes who have lost stuff. I really sucks when all you want to do is go fishing and enjoy the outdoors and you got these low life's taking your stuff.
It was my understanding with these fee's the town is charging the boat launch was going to be monitored for illegal parking all the time. Maybe these by law officers should quite looking for "illegally parked trucks" and look for suspicious activity, but I guess they would have to charge more because the by-law officers would be doing more then one job at a time!!!
YakAttack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by YakAttack »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your stuff. I live right down the road...thanks for the heads up...i won't be leaving anything of value in my car!
Life is temporary.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

I second Smitty. Maybe the thieves will think twice if they get their teeth smashed in once or twice.
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

Fishoholic wrote:I second Smitty. Maybe the thieves will think twice if they get their teeth smashed in once or twice.
This is the best, and my favorite solution, unfortunately the lil bastids, sit in their car and wait for it to be clear, they also come with a look out car that drives around the corner and waits and watches on the corner where river and the road are in view.

About 2 weeks ago, my buddy and I saw them set up,(we think) but we waited them out, the thief and his lookout, arrived within 30-60 seconds of each other and left within 30-60 seconds of each other.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

So how's the fishing guys?
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

TheMaverick wrote:So how's the fishing guys?
You may be in the wrong thread, this one's about thievery at a boat launch.

Since you asked, average at best.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

IgglesD wrote:About 2 weeks ago, my buddy and I saw them set up,(we think) but we waited them out, the thief and his lookout, arrived within 30-60 seconds of each other and left within 30-60 seconds of each other.
Don't suppose you were able to get any 'distinct identifying features' on them, Eh?? :wink: :evil:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!