More Thievery in Arnprior

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
alexb
Participant
Participant

Re: More Thievery in Arnprior

Post by alexb »

Thanks for the post and I scratched off Arnprior as a fishing spot.
There are those who Fish and those who just DISTURB THE WATER
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

When I opened this thread I thought it would be a complaint about the parking fees which has turned me off of the Headpond but know it is scratched off my list this weekend as I don't need the expense of replacing stolen and broken items.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Trailcam anyone?
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Relic wrote:Trailcam anyone?
I thought of that before, even offered one of mine to a bud who guides there. Unfortunately there are no suitable trees to hide the cam in so it wouldn't get ripped. Too bad.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
The Don
Participant
Participant

Post by The Don »

It would benefit all if we knew what types of vehicles and color these mutts were using ?....As well as Am. or Pm. times , weekends etc......????
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

A sting operation is the only way to catch these guys. Worst thing is even if you catch em and get em red handed even on video jack squat will happen to them.

RJ
Crannogman
Participant
Participant

Post by Crannogman »

I heard about this website/forum while at Paddletales in Winchester and thought I'd check it out. This posting caught my attention because I am the other person at the police station. In my case I didn't lose as much as the other person (only my spare trailer tire). However it is no less irritating to me. What surprised me though was that in order to steal my my spare tire they would have needed a zip cut because it was locked to the trailer.
JayHolder
Participant
Participant

Post by JayHolder »

Yes, This absolutely blows. But honestly its only a matter of time before they get caught red handed or reported with ID( licence plate etc),of course they will only get a slap on the wrist but just their names being out will do a fair bit..but x2 to what RJ said, basically id rather catch them myself... :twisted:
Must have been you that came to talk to me the evening of the last 2 said thefts Valley Yak Angler? Was pulling in to launch as you were leaving..
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

RJ wrote:A sting operation is the only way to catch these guys. Worst thing is even if you catch em and get em red handed even on video jack squat will happen to them.

RJ

So sting op and little vigilante boot to the face type justice~ :evil:

Friggen douche-canoes
Dinger
Participant
Participant

Post by Dinger »

This is just one example with the problems at that launch: Ontario Hydro owns the shoreline, the City of Arnprior (not MacNab Twp) owns the road easement, Boeing (Arnprior Aero) has jurisdiction over the land opposite the launch which is part of the airport, and the town crapped the bed on actually turning that thing into something approaching a real boat launch. I know some of the locals, and that road gets no patrols to speak of. The town parks and rec department had hired a guy two summers ago when I got on their case about the crappy launch, lost revenue etc, but the contractor pulled out the week prior to starting work due to a head injury (....insert snide comments here....) and of course the town hadn't thought of a Plan B. Nothing has yet been done. It was to be expanded into a proper parking/toilet, picnic and boat launching facility. The money has even been set aside for it (at least that's what the two city managers told me last fall)-----all this is to stay that if this done come to pass, the town will have to protect their investment with some sort of by-law patrol activity.

Claybank is slightly better for security because the greedy fingers of MacNab Twp. forces them to actually send someone around especially on weekends, to raise revenue from parking tickets, so at least there's some presence at that launch. Too bad the launch is next to useless as it's too shallow and exposed to those norwesters....

I had planned to get hold of the townies again to see if there was any progress on the development of the launch site....but life got in the way.

Don