Renegade Bass The Opens

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Renegade Bass The Opens

Post by badbass72 »

Fishing Talk
Preview: Renegade Bass The Opens
First please let me apologize to anyone who has preregistered and not received a personal e-mail. That simply means your contact information isn't in our database yet...if you would like to e-mail it to info@renegadebass.om we can have that oversight corrected. Now onto the good news.

We are just under one week away from the first ever event of The Opens presented by Renegade Bass. With 2/3rds of the field filled by pre-registrations we would like to start by thanking everyone who did so for their support. As an open series for anyone with a boat powered by 150 hp or lower we will be accepting entries up to the morning of each event. Shore Staff will be at the launch and accepting day of entries after 5:30 am. Please ensure you are able to provide them with the entry form, payment in full (cash only) and waiver forms signed by both team members as well as proof of insurance for the boat in use.

Event rules are available online at http://www.renegadebass.com/…/2016_Rene ... Opens_Rule
All required forms are available for download at
http://renegadebass.com/data/documents/ ... ns2016.pdf and
http://www.renegadebass.com/…/2016_Open ... nd_Release
Prior to launching in the morning one member of each team must check in at the registration desk and also with the shore staff for the mandatory boat inspection. Also for safety reasons should any team choose to leave without weighing in they must communicate this with the Tournament Director. Please note that for the Open Events teams are obligated to provide their own weigh in bags to transport their catch from the boat to the weigh in location.
Should anyone have any questions please ask in advance by email to info@renegadebass.com.
Should anyone need to reach the Tournament Director during the event the phone number will be provided prior to blast off.

Please note that all events for Renegade Bass The Opens are limited to 50 teams without exception.

We would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable experience and look forward to seeing you at an event soon.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
Leerjmc
Participant
Participant

Re: Renegade Bass The Opens

Post by Leerjmc »

What is the cost of these open events?is it comparable to the shoot out?
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

I believe its $140 after all fees. that includes big fish. 100% pay back on the opens as well.
22race22
Participant
Participant

Post by 22race22 »

There is a $20 per angler membership fee as well.
22race22
bassanglersassociation.ca
duntechauto.ca
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

yes forgot the other angler so total would be $160 after entry and admin fees.
Leerjmc
Participant
Participant

Post by Leerjmc »

So really its not much of an open if you have to pay a membership fee.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Leerjmc wrote:So really its not much of an open if you have to pay a membership fee.
Serious? It's 100% payback, nothing else compares to these events payout wise and guys still complain.. :lol: I don't get it.

RJ
22race22
Participant
Participant

Post by 22race22 »

Wikipedia says.
"The description of "open" is used in a number of sports, and especially in golf, to describe a tournament that is "open" -in theory to all - rather than being closed, i.e., one that is restricted to a particular group.
22race22
bassanglersassociation.ca
duntechauto.ca
Leerjmc
Participant
Participant

Post by Leerjmc »

Listen its not complaining.calling it a open then charging a members fee is very misleading.and not a true open.%100 payout is amazing and renagade host the best members only bass club around.id be honored to fish beside these lads..charge me $200 with no memeber fee and call it an open tickles my fancy.just saying it shouldn't be called an open if charged a member fee.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Hey fella's here is a response from Charles Sim to a similar question regarding the 150's. I hope he doesn't mind.

"he concept of an Open most often refers the fact that the event is not a full tour type series where you have to commit to fish them all. For example, the Bassmaster Opens, or the Ram Opens series, where in both cases you must be a member of BASS, or ABA respectively, however don't have to commit to the full series.

The Renegade club membership fee is simply to cover costs of running the event and possibly getting you under the organizations insurance (although I'm speculating a little here), thus helping to provide the 100% payback structure, which in my opinion is amazing.

Charles"

I can tell you that these tournaments will be very professional in how they are run. Between shore staff, equipment, and everything else that is used to provide a very professional tournament for the anglers to experience and enjoy one way or another there are costs. The$20 admin fee once a year for 3 opens in my opinion isn't too bad. I guess they could just say it costs $160 for a team to get in but instead they gave you info on how what the money is used for, $20 adminx2 $120 goes toward payout.
I think if you look at what's being offered this is a great deal.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Let me say this to start, I have nothing to do with Renegade Bass. I fished it for 3 years but that was over 5 years ago. They are a paid advertiser on FH but they were long before Luke and I took over the site.

Misleading? Sheesh. These events are "Opens" meaning anyone can fish them within the HP restriction. The restricted horsepower idea is brilliant to me as it opens the interest level to perhaps new anglers to the tourney scene to get that "feel" of being in a Renegade Bass event. Renegade clearly sees what is happening in the tournament culture and the need to have new blood on the scene is desperately needed. Frankly, it's refreshing.

A $20 Admin/membership fee is less money than the baits you'll have tied on to the first 3 rods you'll cast the next time your on the water. To even entertain this as a negative thing towards these 100% payout events is a bit much.

I hope everyone who signs up to fish these Opens whacks a bunch of fish and have a blast doing it!

RJ
steve_rauch
Participant
Participant

Post by steve_rauch »

I wasn't gonna say anything but....
I was chomping at the bit to sign up for this. I have wanted to fish a tournmant where I wasn't gonna compete with guys running 250 hp motors and feel totally out of place. This series is a great idea in my opinion and personally have no issue paying for a membership what so ever. If this is no issue for you then why the hell even bring it up ? They could have said the fee was 40 and I'd still pay happily.
I'm driving from brockville to fish all 3 and 20 dollar membership fee is a drop in the bucket. Perhaps next year they can called it
renegade closed series Members only ....
See y'all tomorrow !
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Post by badbass72 »

Thank you to everyone who showed up to support the first event. It looked like everyone enjoyed the day despite some tough conditions. Pictures and results are up on our Facebook page for anyone interested in checking them out. Hope to see everyone back at the Aug. 14th event on White Lake
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

It was the toughest bite we've had there, a tournament on the lake every weekend doesn't help. Seen a ton of fish but lockjawed.

Great day for fishing though and always a top-notch event when Renegade and partners host.

Thanks for another great option with the new OPENS! See you at Big Rideau!

Andrew
bassman140
Participant
Participant

Post by bassman140 »

This was my first official tournament and it was a great time. It was a tough bite. Renegade put on a great event. Hoping to do another