Parking fees at White Lake boat launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
colossalboom
Participant
Participant

Re: Parking fees at White Lake boat launch

Post by colossalboom »

Regarding the season pass: What constitutes local vs non-local? Are you local if you have an Ontario driving license or do you have to live in the immediate area?

Cheers!
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Need to live in Township encompassing launches. :roll:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
Ikantski
Participant
Participant

Post by Ikantski »

Just a warning, they've been checking a lot for the past week. I see trucks with tickets everytime I drive by.
ELLIS
Participant
Participant

Post by ELLIS »

Let me get this straight. If you have a kayak on a roof rack at WhiteLake behind the museum and launch you do NOT need a pass? Hope this is true as I like to get there latest 5AM to start my fishing. Having to buy a pass before launching makes it much later in the day to start.....
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

ELLIS wrote:Let me get this straight. If you have a kayak on a roof rack at WhiteLake behind the museum and launch you do NOT need a pass? Hope this is true as I like to get there latest 5AM to start my fishing. Having to buy a pass before launching makes it much later in the day to start.....
I'm not positive, but 'technically' the launch is free,
they ding you the $10 for 'parking' your vehicle. :evil:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
ELLIS
Participant
Participant

Post by ELLIS »

ELLIS wrote: Let me get this straight. If you have a kayak on a roof rack at White Lake behind the museum and launch you do NOT need a pass? Hope this is true as I like to get there latest 5AM to start my fishing. Having to buy a pass before launching makes it much later in the day to start.....

they ding you the $10 for 'parking' your vehicle.
So not having a trailer and not actually requiring the ramp all, you still have to buy a day pass when using a kayak. I would like to leave my car in the parking area behind the museum. I was told by the township for the Arnprior Boat Launch that if I did not no trailer, no pass is required, hence no problem using my kayak and parking there.

Does anyone know who I can contact to get a definitive answer?

Thanks
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

ELLIS wrote:
ELLIS wrote: Let me get this straight. If you have a kayak on a roof rack at White Lake behind the museum and launch you do NOT need a pass? Hope this is true as I like to get there latest 5AM to start my fishing. Having to buy a pass before launching makes it much later in the day to start.....

they ding you the $10 for 'parking' your vehicle.
So not having a trailer and not actually requiring the ramp all, you still have to buy a day pass when using a kayak. I would like to leave my car in the parking area behind the museum. I was told by the township for the Arnprior Boat Launch that if I did not no trailer, no pass is required, hence no problem using my kayak and parking there.

Does anyone know who I can contact to get a definitive answer?

Thanks
Try Geoff Patterson, Recreation Director @ McNabb Braeside. 613-623-5756 ext. 226
ELLIS
Participant
Participant

Post by ELLIS »

I emailed Geoff Patterson this morning concerning my situation (I use a kayak and transport it with a roof rack on my car). Here is his answer concerning the northern White Lake launch behind the museum..

Hello sir- our enforcement only targets those with trailers so most of the time paddlers such as yourself are exempt from the tariff unless you change from roof top carrier to trailer... Hopefully this helps with your inquiry.

Geoff Patterson
M/B Rec
WhitESOX
Participant
Participant

Post by WhitESOX »

Does anyone know if day passes can be purchased in advance or must be purchased day of? We hit the water before the General Store opens.

Though if the speculation these are also sold at Antrim that shouldn't be an issue.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

I wouldn't trust for a minute that you wont get a ticket for just parking....why...because I know for certain it happens.

Launch in Arnprior is not Mcnab/Braeside all these launches are - White Lake, Red Pine, Claybanks, Burnstown. In Arnprior it is a pay to launch only

You can buy passes at Antrim Truck Stop, they are open 24/7.

Now to contact Geoff about the absolute joke Redpine Launch is...what a disaster :roll:
YakAttack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by YakAttack »

Relic wrote:I wouldn't trust for a minute that you wont get a ticket for just parking....why...because I know for certain it happens.
What's the story behind this?
Life is temporary.
ELLIS
Participant
Participant

Post by ELLIS »

Where to go to get the truth about the parking pass. It seems to be unclear if parking at a boat launch requires only those using the ramp having to pay or all those parking in the lot, regardless if they are using the ramp or not, have to pay.....

If you go online to the township site you will see the following line: Please be advised that a parking pass is required if you are launching a boat. Parking passes can be purchased at White Lake General Store, the Antrim Truck Stop, Robbins Confectionery, the Burnstown Beach and the Township Office. This implies that only ramp use requires payment.

Geoff Patterson, Recreation Director @ McNabb Braeside emailed me stating that if I have my kayak transported on my car top and not using a trailer I will not need to pay the daily fee.

Then I looked at the McNabb Braeside bylaws for boat launches (see attached). It states that parking at a boat launch requires parking pass. This implies that any car in the lots requires a parking pass.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 6.45.34 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 6.45.34 AM.jpg (41.95 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
Last edited by ELLIS on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhitESOX
Participant
Participant

Post by WhitESOX »

Well it's clear enough for us trailering a boat but not very clear for others. Annoyingly bureaucratic, yeesh. You should print that email from Geoff and prominently display it on your dash for verification next time there...
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

YakAttack wrote:
Relic wrote:I wouldn't trust for a minute that you wont get a ticket for just parking....why...because I know for certain it happens.
No story, just the fact that I know people who have been ticketed for parking at other McNab launches.
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

Relic wrote:
YakAttack wrote:
No story, just the fact that I know people who have been ticketed for parking at other McNab launches.
Confirmed, people have been ticketed sans boat trailer before, I want to say when I received a ticket it was without a trailer, pass blew off dash. I had to call and let them know the fella didn't date or sign the offense, and got part of the license plate wrong. I noticed they now take a pile of photo's of your plates and dash/windshield area at Horton as well as McNab/Brae.