Requesting Feedback on Swim Baits

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Requesting Feedback on Swim Baits

Post by smitty55 »

Very well said sir...
Smitty

Straight shooter
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

RJ wrote:
I HATE to see guys saying they are going back into the shadows, it drives me nuts.
RJ
Sorry will re phrase better!! I just meant to say I will go keep doing what makes us all happy FISHING and will chime in on threads I can!
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

lvace,

the point that I was making is that stating locals are the cause of fish decline is a very controversial statement. Research does attribute over harvesting as a leading cause but it typically is identified further down the list and we'll behind water quality issues and lack of habitat issues.

I threw the tourney angler statement out not because I was identifying you as a tourney angler but as an example of another statement that is highly controversial. Stating after that that I do not own lakefront but do fish in tournaments I thought showed I had no bias in challenging what you said.

I should not have bit on the tourney angler responses to my post but did. I made that statement simply to make a controversial statement which doesn't explain fish decline nor does a statement on locals.

wasn't trying to stir the pot.

as RJ said.....carry on. hope you keep posting
Stanger
Participant
Participant

Post by Stanger »

RJ wrote: you are ripping a hookset on em leading to the tail being ripped off.
That completely makes sense. Over the years a bass tournament fisherman has drilled in my head the importance of strong hook sets when fishing largies in weeds. I'm realizing that I've started pulling trigger too fast not giving them a chance to properly grab bait before ripping it away breaking tails. Thanks RJ. Much better response than singling out an individual and telling them to stop using a bait commonly used by others...
RJ wrote: I HATE to see guys saying they are going back into the shadows, it drives me nuts.
RJ wrote: Smitty took a stance, provided some research and that's fine.
Do you think showing support for someone who is constantly attacking people is a good way to improve that? One of a few times I decide I should contribute by trying to spark constructive conversation and I get singled out by one of your major contributors.. Not a great way to grow the forum and encourage participation.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Truthfully had a seen this before it blew up none of that would have happened. It would have been nipped in the bud and done. We can't see it all as it happens and for that I'm sorry.

Smitty has his ways, often tip toeing on a line most don't like as he did here. He often knows when hes done that I think and backs off. Would I like it to stop? Sometimes.

RJ