Trout Trip to North Bay Area - Request for advice

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
TyM
Participant
Participant

Trout Trip to North Bay Area - Request for advice

Post by TyM »

Hey Everyone,
I'll try and keep this short. By some miracle, I have next weekend to myself and I've decided I'm packing the dog and fly rods in to the truck and heading to North Bay area. I am planning on starting at Little Jocko River, as I hear there are decent brookies in there and it is a Provincial Park. The plan is to hike and fish with the dog until I can't anymore, then sleep in the truck at the parking lot there, then do it all again the next morning before heading back. I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of thing, so does anyone have any advice or see any holes in my plan? Is trying to sleep overnight in my truck in a Provincial Park parking lot asking for trouble? Am I wasting my weekend looking for trout in the area? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
HeatheringtonFisher
Participant
Participant

Re: Trout Trip to North Bay Area - Request for advice

Post by HeatheringtonFisher »

PM Sent...
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Trout Trip to North Bay Area - Request for advice

Post by Oneeleven »

TyM wrote: I have next weekend to myself and I've decided I'm packing the dog and fly rods in to the truck and heading to North Bay area. I am planning on starting at Little Jocko River, as I hear there are decent brookies in there and it is a Provincial Park. The plan is to hike and fish with the dog until I can't anymore, then sleep in the truck at the parking lot there, then do it all again the next morning before heading back. Thanks!
That sounds like a little slice of heaven - right there.... just awesome! have fun :)