Midland

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Rich_22
Participant
Participant

Midland

Post by Rich_22 »

hello all,

I know most of you are eastern ontario based,but just thought id throw the question out there. Anyone have any experience fishing the Midland, Penetang area of Georgian bay. Im going up for the long weekend and Im really looking forward to getting out on the big water again. Not looking for any hotspots, just a general idea of what to expect at that end of the Georgian bay... any info would help
sappetizer
Participant
Participant

Re: Midland

Post by sappetizer »

Hi Rich_22

I have been fishing this area for 32 years and I all have to say is that challenging would be an understatement to say the least. Not to discourage, just be prepared for strong winds, boat traffic, and to spend alot of time trying to dial in a pattern. Every spot looks awesome, and every other spot other then the one you are fishing look even better. The fish will cooperate when you find them, this sometimes happens very quickly or could even take the entire weekend.

My suggestion, check fishing reports on other sites, have dependable charts or electronics for navigating and pinpointing fishable areas. Don't challenge the wind and try not to spread yourself thin as it is a big water, pick a handful of spots and fish them thoroughly.

Beauty of the area is that it is a multi species fishery, offers fishable spots away from the wind, and you do not have to travel far to change from one specie to the other. Don't be surprised if you catch a specie that you are not even targeting.

Best of luck, I will be there the long weekend as well...