Renfrew/Arnprior Boat Launches

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kliven
Participant
Participant

Renfrew/Arnprior Boat Launches

Post by kliven »

Hey everyone! I'm heading up to Renfrew this weekend, but I've never been there before. I'm planning on bringing my motorized canoe, so I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good launches near that area? Is it possible for me to launch at Portage du Fort? What about Braeside? Which would have better smallmouth or walleye fishing?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Renfrew/Arnprior Boat Launches

Post by Cyber »

Good launch at Red Pine Bay near Braeside, but it'll cost you $10 now. :x
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Re: Renfrew/Arnprior Boat Launches

Post by badbass72 »

All kinds of launches for a motorized canoe bur a huge stretch of water to narrow down. Braeside is a good launch...the Horton launch is good as well..right on river road at the Bonnechere River bridge. Both are pay...Portage is a free launch and there are more heading towards Pembroke as well. Once you pick an area will be easier to get advice on numerous fishing there. Depending who you ask the whole Ottawa River is a gem
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle