Too stinking hot for me and the fish!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Too stinking hot for me and the fish!!!

Post by Kerrazy »

Bummed!

The best way to describe my season so far.
What was suppose to be an epic summer of fishing and boating and fun with the kids, has turned in to a miserable summer for this guy!

And it appears I am not alone, as the fish seem to be hating the heat as well in my honey hole.

As of July 24th, we have seen a record of 15 days above 30 degree weather since May. As a comparable, last year we witnessed 5. Heat, is ok for me if it's dry heat, if humidity kicks in, at those numbers, I can barely walk. It's the craziest thing, my feet literally explode football size do to a lymphatic hiccup.

So, while I am not loading up my livewells , 2 big empty live wells, I do appreciate the time with my lad, Thomas, and glad he has been able to land some beauties this summer worthy of recognition. I have decided to just take it easy, and let him enjoy the fish, rather than get worked up over poor numbers on my part.

The mighty fisherman Thomas:
The mighty fisherman
The mighty fisherman
IMG_4191.JPG (747.46 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
Boat is working great, new carpet going in next week and we have had some love in the live wells, yet it seems it's been a while for anything worthy to brag about.

Hope everyone is having a great safe summer in the water and the shores and keep sharing your great catches!!!

Cheers,

Our pal Farley meeting a fish!
Farley meets a fish
Farley meets a fish
IMG_4122.JPG (1.84 MiB) Viewed 2582 times
Crack of dawn fishing
Crack of dawn
Crack of dawn
IMG_4015.JPG (2.74 MiB) Viewed 2582 times
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
azabache
Participant
Participant

Re: Too stinking hot for me and the fish!!!

Post by azabache »

Nice pics Kerrazy and the big fish will come, they will come , but later in mid August & look out in September... :D
Amazing that you have the young lad out at the crack of dawn, I am lucky if I can get junior out before 10 am.. :lol:
At least they are getting outdoors & it is time well spent, even if they get all the fish :roll:

Keep up the good work & post more when he gets them, lets get all the kids out there fishing in August.

Azabache & Junior
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

I hear some people like curling.

It's NEVER too cold and it's NEVER too hot. Buy a cooler, get out on the water.

AND for Christ's' sake, put your boat in a body of water where you can just jump in when it get unbearably hot!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Keep at it Dale, if anything, try going with bigger lures, fish usually get sluggish during the scorching hot days, they’ll prefer eating one big meal, as opposed to chasing multiple small meals.
cprince wrote:
AND for Christ's' sake, put your boat in a body of water where you can just jump in when it get unbearably hot!
The day I accidently fall in the Ottawa, is the day I’ll be taking my first Purell bath.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Keep at er Dale!
The young one will be old enough to trailer you around soon!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Congrats on getting out and catching some nice fish with the son, he will be a life long fishing partner for sure.