Fizzed traveler and a wishbone fish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fizzed traveler and a wishbone fish

Post by bradford2 »

Not online much anymore but had a very interesting day on the water... here's a couple of fish stories lol.

My Father in law caught this mid 4 today. As soon as I went to poke it with the scale, I knew right away it was a fish I had seen recently as the hole was still there. Not only was the scale hole there, but also 3 needle marks from where I fizzed it on July 24th. Yes 3. I hadn't had to fizz one yet this year and after two attempts I realized my needle was plugged. Although it did swim away, I was worried for sure. At any rate, not only did this fish survive, but it traveled over 5km back to the exact same spot I had caught it previously 3 weeks ago. Fish amaze me.

And for story number 2...

I've had a bunch of high 4's this year and on Thursday night I won a wishbone challenge against my lovely wife. My wish? To catch a 5 pounder this weekend. Well what's the old saying I'd rather be lucky than good haha!

Fun times. Who knows what will happen next.

Brad
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fizzed traveler and a wishbone fish

Post by RJ »

That fizzing story is awesome. Guys who trumpet that we have business dealing with fish like that as we kill em all need to read this, often.

Great fishin!

RJ
67ZL1
Participant
Participant

Post by 67ZL1 »

That's awesome that you got to witness first hand the benefits of fizzing. There's a lot of controversy out there in regards to the procedure, and how long the fish live fore after it's been done. Now you can tell the naysayers to pound sand.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Love the 'life is good' shirt!

And the fizzing story. I recently experienced something similar, only we never hit the swim bladder. We tried two pokes, and no go. With the help of weights the fish lived in the well and swam away strong at the end, but I still always worried we'd damaged him.
Thanks for sharing as it gives me hope he's okay!