Got a question? Let's hear it!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Got a question? Let's hear it!

Post by CNs »

Here is the question of the week (for me at least).

I think I am pretty good at figuring things out. The one situation that has always stumped me is suspended fish. E.G. You can see them suspended at about 20 feet in 40 plus feet of water. While I have crankbaits that can go down deep, it's when the have lockjaw and won't chase. What do you do?
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

CN wrote:Here is the question of the week (for me at least).

I think I am pretty good at figuring things out. The one situation that has always stumped me is suspended fish. E.G. You can see them suspended at about 20 feet in 40 plus feet of water. While I have crankbaits that can go down deep, it's when the have lockjaw and won't chase. What do you do?

Countdown a spybait, the duo's 80's sink about a foot a second. While I've only has minor success doing this, I have caught fussy suspended fish doing so.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
saltyair
Participant
Participant

Re: Got a question? Let's hear it! Duck hunting

Post by saltyair »

New to the forum (my first post)
Saturday looks like a great day to fish In Gan on the st Lawrence river for some smallies. This weekend is duck hunting opening day. Is anyone fishing this weekend? I have not fished on duck opening before. Is it safe? any advice would be cool.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

You should have no issue fishing the Larry on Saturday, I'd suggest letting the sun get up first and let the Duck boys have some fun at day break. They won't be anywhere near where you'd be Smallie fishing anyways.

Good Luck. The river has been on fire.

RJ
saltyair
Participant
Participant

Post by saltyair »

thank you for the info. So I will get on the water around 8am - was kinda thinking the same.
Duchenelovestofish
Participant
Participant

Post by Duchenelovestofish »

how can you tell when a bite hits those deep water crankbaits like the cotton cordell wally divers. They always seem like somethings on. Any help?