Lake clear bass fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Basshole
Participant
Participant

Lake clear bass fishing

Post by Basshole »

Are there any good bass fishing holes on lake clear in the bonnechere valley ??
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Re: Lake clear bass fishing

Post by kevinv »

Basshole wrote:Are there any good bass fishing holes on lake clear in the bonnechere valley ??
I have not fished this lake, but I know it is fed from the Bonnechere river, it does have bass. Caught a 3.5 pound bass from that river many years ago. My first trophy fish.
BackwoodsFishing
Participant
Participant

Post by BackwoodsFishing »

I think your mistaken. Lake clear is not connected to the bonnechere river. That being said I've always had luck for bass fishing off of any of the many islands in the lake especially the largest one in the center that has a house built on it.
mb_fishing
Participant
Participant

Post by mb_fishing »

Super clear lake (hence the name). As such the fish can be spooky but there are good fish in there. I had alot of success on a choppy day quickly going over shoals and points with a Live Target craw (natural with a bit of orange) diving 8 to 12 feet...bumping the rocks and once over the drop...BAM! Lotsa smallies and although I did not catch anything over 3lbs that day I have been told there are some good sized fish in there.