What a rush

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
grey ninja
Participant
Participant

What a rush

Post by grey ninja »

Two weeks ago I answered a call for Marshals for the Renegage bass classic. I got the call back and I was in.
It was an early call at the Seeleys Bay launch but I was excited for the oppotunity to spend a couple of days to learn from the best.

I arrived on the dock in the dark at 6am Saturday morning and soon placed on a Skeeter with a 250hp motor and 2 great guys. We literally "blasted off" at 7am hitting speeds of 70mph and chasing and passing other boats until we hit our first stop. They spent the rest of the day power fishing, using different techniques and strategies with me in the best seat in the house.

On Sunday I was placed in one of the top 3 boats, these guys had a chance and I could tell they were a little nervous. We blasted off at 7am and raced to a spot where they were sure was holding fish. They fished for a couple of hours and caught thier limit but they needed bigger fish and they just didn't seem to be there. A storm had rolled in and things were different. They spent the rest of the day hitting different spots and pulling every trick from the bag but it was a tough day.

Both teams that I spent the day were absolutely genuine assets to the sport. Really friendly, personable but also very competative.
I was really impressed by the teamwork and strategy, constantly scanning the envoirment and adapting with different rods and presentations.

They all asked me "Aren't you bored?, You're not fishing".
My answer "Oh I'm fishing, I just don't have a rod in my hand. Besides how can you be board going 70mph in a bass boat"
Its like riding a rollercoaster at Wonderland for 2 days gratis.

I would highly recommend this experience....What a rush!!!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: What a rush

Post by lape0019 »

Awesome post!

Sounds like a blast!
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Sounds like you had a great time and helped out as well. Congrats
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Fun times for sure. Great learning opportunity for scrutineers.
I dropped by the bay for the finale as I was passing by on my way home. It was Lenny's to lose, being home waters, and he made it happen.
grey ninja
Participant
Participant

Post by grey ninja »

For sure, Lenny and and Steve both thought they had it. Made for great drama at the weigh in.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I was at weigh on Saturday and the smiles on the scrutineers coming off the water were obvious. Those guys are some of the best around!

RJ