Love this time of Year!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Love this time of Year!

Post by BigC »

Weekend warriors are gone, Cityiots are all busy putting on their winter tires, and the Googans have enough options as to not come over and fish directly infront of me while I troll down a weedline...well this might be wishful thinking. Got cut off twice yesterday, but it's ok cause they watched me catch this...

Personally I would never fish between a boat and a weedline, these guys had no problem with it. Got me to thinking, was it becasue they were fishing Bass and we were obviously fishing Muskie that they thought it was ok? Different targeted species? They did move thru pretty quickly when my big baits were landing 15-20 feet from their boat. We didn't get worked up and there were no words exchanged, but it just blows my mind. Did they think it was ok? Did they want a confrontation? Did they think we were in the wrong? (we had spot lock on and watched them come right at us)

It's actually been a good week or so of fishing, here's a couple more pics.

banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Love this time of Year!

Post by banjo »

Beauty fish!
For sure the best time of year.
I experience the same frustrations as you almost daily. I have given up trying to figure people out.
I have had pleasure boaters go between me and a weedline marked by a channel buoy 30 feet away when the channel is over 200 feet wide. Smiling and waiving :roll:
And I have had bass guys fish right thru me like I was invisible, even when I have stopped fishing and then just turn and stare as they chat away flipping around my boat without even a nod or 'hey sorry, we just have to hit this spot and we'll be on our way...' :?
Now I also duck hunt as well as musky fish... and at times I have had people decide to fish right out in front of the decoys. I am amazed at how quick people move when a duck flies by. :D
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Real Nice Musky and congrats. You think it is bad in there come out to the St. Lawrence and you can have your rod taken out of your hands by boaters who think it is funny. I think the ones that move in on ya just think you found the fish and have no respect for fellow fishermen.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great fishin boys! People are odd.

RJ
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Very nice fish!
mb_fishing
Participant
Participant

Post by mb_fishing »

Well done! Awesome fish there!
tidefighter
Participant
Participant

Post by tidefighter »

Great looking fish and have also had similar experiences on the Larry..
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Good fishing fellas, some good looking fishes ya's nabbed there!

Cheap, heavy, floating bait, tied to crappy rod and reel with cheap 20 lb mono or braid. Cast waaayyyyy out in front of them, leave in free spool. If they are not totally brain dead, they stop and go around.....if not, you will be re-spooling for the next nimrod. Dude in a pontoon on the weekend, not 20 feet of my bow, between me and an island in 3-4 fow, millions of acres of water behind me 40 feet +. I just don't understand what goes in in peoples brains.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Gotta love it. Nice pictures all around. Hopefully ya get some more to share!! Good luck rest of the fall.
ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ipjrobson »

Great catches
alexb
Participant
Participant

Post by alexb »

It would be great if you can get a boat horn that sounds like gun shots. It might work to keep them away from your boat. :) Awesome catch and congrats!
There are those who Fish and those who just DISTURB THE WATER
jesse.page
Participant
Participant

Post by jesse.page »

Awesome fish, people can be arsholes sometimes!! :oops: