if its true..

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: if its true..

Post by RJ »

We're really kicking dirt at Lebarons? Those folks are now looking for a job. The staff or even local management had little if anything to do with their demise and if you ever spoke to them it was obvious they were in the dark on most things. It's sad to see them go as they have been a large part of the fishing community for a long time.

RJ
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Alby »

Agree with RJ...

Spoke with a staff member at LeBaron's just yesterday. He's been with the store for quite some time. It's a tough pill to swallow, knowing you'll be out of a job in a few short months. Especially right before Christmas, a time when folks spend generously on people other than themselves.

Fact is, 18 staffers and 3 management jobs will be gone soon. Sad for this fine Ottawa store, and all 3 other Canadian stores.

Alby
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

jesse.page wrote:Went in today and they were having most items 20% off... and sales of 50% are to come. Sad to see it go, seems like its been around for as long as I can remember!
Any sale on the firearms?
Ontbullet
Participant
Participant

Post by Ontbullet »

Its too bad the employees didn't know earlier they would of had a good chance at a job at cabelas.
azabache
Participant
Participant

Post by azabache »

Sorry to see LeBarons closing. They carried a few items that no one else did at the time in the fishing & camping dept. Actually helped me & junior get interested in fishing the urban waters in Ottawa. I always had good service, they helped me find the EWG's hooks & choice of spinners baits was always good.Even gave me advice on some gear for a saltwater fishing trip i did this year. 8)

Azabache & Junior.
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peron »

I am on their mailing list and I just realized that it was all the stores closing. Always feel bad when a store closes except for Target.... Felt really, really bad for the staff but I was seriously pee pee off that they eliminated Zellers.

I digress, Le Barons had one thing that I will miss more than anything else because I am older and mildly nostalgic about some things:

A complete PAPER catalogue of their product lines. Sat by my bedside and I would look at lures, rods, and all the other goodies every now and then. Just like getting the Sears Christmas Wish Toy catalogue when I was a kid.

Damn Internet spoiled that fun....

Rod
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

Peron wrote:I am on their mailing list and I just realized that it was all the stores closing. Always feel bad when a store closes except for Target.... Felt really, really bad for the staff but I was seriously pee pee off that they eliminated Zellers.

I digress, Le Barons had one thing that I will miss more than anything else because I am older and mildly nostalgic about some things:

A complete PAPER catalogue of their product lines. Sat by my bedside and I would look at lures, rods, and all the other goodies every now and then. Just like getting the Sears Christmas Wish Toy catalogue when I was a kid.

Damn Internet spoiled that fun....

Rod

Sail has a paper catalogue, read away!
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DropShot’r »

Sad to hear about people loosing their jobs, trust me.

The last time I was in LeBarons they were in Bells Corners. Have never been to Sail.

For me driving to Winchester or Smiths Falls is closer and gets me 90% of my fishing needs.

Drop
Dobyns Army member
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

True it sucks for SOME of the employees...you know the ones that actual worked for their money.

But -Screw Lebarons as a whole...went in today for the 30% off sale...yeah right. All the muskie tackle I looked up had been marked up by about 20-30 %.

So even though their ship is sinking, they are still trying to stick it to us. What a joke
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

this sale is run by a liquidator. When a company goes into receivership, all stock is liquidated by the bankruptors/creditors. Lebarons does not run or have any say in the sale.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Maybe they don't. Its still garbage.....
Ikantski
Participant
Participant

Post by Ikantski »

Relic wrote:True it sucks for SOME of the employees...you know the ones that actual worked for their money.

But -Screw Lebarons as a whole...went in today for the 30% off sale...yeah right. All the muskie tackle I looked up had been marked up by about 20-30 %.

So even though their ship is sinking, they are still trying to stick it to us. What a joke
The rapalas seemed okay at LeBaron. $8.63 husky jerks and $12.99 taildancers plus 30% off. HJs are the same at Cabelas and tail dancers $16.99.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I spent alot of money and time at LeBarons over the years. Sad to see it go...but
Ildogg summed it up exactly. Eventually times change and businesses need to follow.