Sad news to pass along...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sad news to pass along...

Post by RJ »

Fish-Hawk has lost a valued member, Frank Dufour also known as StarTzar has left us way too soon after a short health battle.

Frank was a great fella who always had a one liner to make anyone smile. We chatted briefly at MSBassin this August and he was his jolly self, little did I know that would be our last chat. This saddens me and re-affirms how we can never take anything for granted.

Marc-Antoine Dufour (Maverick) is a staple here on FH, on behalf on the community we'd like him to know our thoughts go out to him and his family at this time.

RJ
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Sad news to pass along...

Post by Kerrazy »

Incredibly sad news.
I was very glad to have known Frank, and my thoughts go out to Mav. and his family at this time.

Frank's humour, love of music-good and bad will be missed around here. But mostly, I feel for the new Fish-Hawkers, who will never get to experience his assistance as you try and navigate the world of Bass fishing.

He never made me feel foolish when asking silly questions, and even offered me gear to get started.

Just yesterday, I was tossing a frog, on a rod offered to me by Frank, a few years ago, one of two rods he gave me. One of those two rods, I have passed on to a friend,so he could see greater success fishing, the other I have kept.

Silly, yet as I told Frank a few days ago, I will not pass that rod along to another angler, as it symbolizes to me what a true sportsman is. One that passes along his knowledge to ensure new anglers obtain success in a sport he loved. I use it as a reminder of how to conduct myself.

It will always see a cast now, when fishing, knowing I will be fishing not only me but my friend StarTzar.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DropShot’r »

Stunned and saddened beyond mere words.

I had the opportunity to talk to Frank at Paddletales on numerous occasions and exchanged many PM's. Frank was one of those people I truly looked forward to seeing.

Fair Winds and Following Seas my friend.....

My most sincere condolences to Marc and the entire Dufour family.

Steve
Dobyns Army member
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I always looked forward to Franks visits at the store. We had some outstanding conversations and more laughs then are possible to count. His love of fishing was only surpassed by his love of family. He will be sorely missed and our heartfelt condolences go out to Marc-Antoine and the rest of his family.

Ed & Sandie
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
alexb
Participant
Participant

Post by alexb »

My sincere condolences to Marc and the Dufour family.
There are those who Fish and those who just DISTURB THE WATER
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Very Sad News and my Condolences to the family
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Very sad news indeed.

Before this tournament season kicked off, a few of us got together at ShawnDs house to discuss what tournament series we were going to fish. One of the main reasons I wanted to join BAA this year was to fish and compete against Francois and Marc-Antoine. The two of them were always fun before and after a tournament and they both always had a smile on their faces in the morning doing what they both love.

As with many people on here, Frank helped me out a lot over the years and I too have a few of his rods that I will cherish for a long time. He helped me a lot when I started getting into cranking and would never shy away from giving you tips and tricks.

A few of us headed over to his place on the 23rd and he was all smiles and genuinely happy to see us and his grandson. We chatted for about an hour about fishing and his childhood running motorbikes and man did he have stories. By the end of the visit, he was tired but watching him interact with his grandson was priceless.

To his whole family, my sincerest condolences go out to you. He will sadly be missed by many in the fishing community as well as by anyone who had the pleasure of meeting him.
Christian Gervais
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Christian Gervais »

My thoughts and prayers for the Dufour's. Hang in there bro!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Oh man. This happened way too fast.

Mav, condolence's to you and your family is this tough time.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Very sad to hear. He will be missed on here for sure. Mav, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, my deepest condolences.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

OMG that's terrible news. So sorry to hear that. My sincerest condolences go to the whole Dufour clan. My mom is 81 and dad 78 and still active but I dread the day when I'll have to face the sad news.

Hang in there Mav. I envy you being able to have your Dad as a lifelong fishing partner. I know you'll never be able to feel quite the same in a boat with Frank not there, but I have a feeling you'll find a good quality person to take his place in the future till your lad is old enough to take your place as you take Franks.

Take care.
Smitty

Straight shooter
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

That's sad indeed I have the opportunity to see Frank numerous time at Ed and at some tournament weight in and was always a pleasure to talk with him :( . My condolences to Marc and the entire Dufour family. Stay strong brother.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

My condolences Mav.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Tough one to swallow. Frank was one of the good guys that's for sure.
Condolences to Marc and his family.

Brad.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I have never met Frank ( had a few conversation through messages though) but just by looking at the pictures and stories that Marc-Antoine posts here and on Facebook, I know for a fact that he was a great man, great father and most of all great Grand-father to M-A's little boy. He will be missed by all. Sincere condolences to all the Dufour family.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again