Shore fishing in Ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
LipperRipper
Participant
Participant

Shore fishing in Ottawa

Post by LipperRipper »

Hey folks, was wondering if somebody could point me out to a few good spots in Ottawa to go fishing for bass from the shore as the only boats I have access to have been taken out of the water :roll:. Ideally west of downtown, but not too picky. Sorry for the newbie question - just started fishing this year and usually from a boat on White Lake or Loughborough Lake.
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Shore fishing in Ottawa

Post by Peron »

I have been tossing spinner baits and shallow cranks along the Ottawa River parkway after work (you requested west of downtown) and the smallmouth are definitely active right now near the shore. This activity will go up and down with the temperature changes but the fall feed seems to be on. Just pick a park and walk along the shore.

Don't be surprised if you get some pike. I haven't landed one in a bit but they were definitely going for my lures.

Rod
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Gotta use the search function...

... that said here are the two main maps. I haven't updated anything in a while but as winter gets closer and I'm out less we'll see.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ms ... 3ps0fwzkmQ

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... XgFAHkcrNA

Cheers

If you see any locations that aren't on there put them in the map thread. (same with any that have changed / no longer useable)
LipperRipper
Participant
Participant

Post by LipperRipper »

Peron wrote:I have been tossing spinner baits and shallow cranks along the Ottawa River parkway after work (you requested west of downtown) and the smallmouth are definitely active right now near the shore. This activity will go up and down with the temperature changes but the fall feed seems to be on. Just pick a park and walk along the shore.

Don't be surprised if you get some pike. I haven't landed one in a bit but they were definitely going for my lures.

Rod
How shallow are you talking on the cranks?
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Post by kevinv »

is there any by-laws restricting fishing inside Ottawa? I know Cornwall does have one, restricting some areas as no fishing
ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ipjrobson »

kevinv wrote:is there any by-laws restricting fishing inside Ottawa? I know Cornwall does have one, restricting some areas as no fishing
How did you find out about the by-laws in cornwall?
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Post by kevinv »

Google searched the by law number after I seen a sign for it down by the bike path
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peron »

LipperRipper wrote:
Peron wrote:I have been tossing spinner baits and shallow cranks along the Ottawa River parkway after work (you requested west of downtown) and the smallmouth are definitely active right now near the shore. This activity will go up and down with the temperature changes but the fall feed seems to be on. Just pick a park and walk along the shore.

Rod
8-10'
LipperRipper
Participant
Participant

Post by LipperRipper »

Peron wrote:
LipperRipper wrote:

Rod
8-10'
Cool, thanks man