Open seat today 11am - 3pm. **Updated***

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Open seat today 11am - 3pm. **Updated***

Post by Kerrazy »

Slipping out for a fish this morning, rain or shine.

Will be heading to my honeyhole filled with many species. Be more than happy to share a seat with a fellow fish-hawker.

Baie McLaurin in the east end of Gatineau is the location you will need to get too! Bring your own snacks, positive attitude and favourite gear!

If you are a new angler, don't be shy as I was there just 3-4 years ago, and have plenty of gear to ensure you have fun today.

PM me for details please and we can sort the rest.

Cheers!
Last edited by Kerrazy on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Open seat today 11am - 3pm

Post by Kerrazy »

Well, seat sat empty, which was good as I needed the room for the fish! During the heavy rain this afternoon, I finally dialed in what they wanted, and man did they want it!

I had many flashes of bronze and blow ups on my live target crappie and sunfish, but no commitments. Some love from the perch on my shadow shad rap in perch and Diawa peanut in red, but not the big boys I was seeking!

Than the heavens opened up, and I was gonna toss in the towel, but as opportunities are fleeting for softwater season, I stuck it out.

Chatreuse buzz bait with a white 5" curly tailed grub and game on!

The big boys came out to play in the rain!

First a 20" pike. A nice slender male, but a much needed fish to keep me in the game. And than a beautiful heavy 3 light 4 bucket mouth hammer my buzz bait bending the G Loomis right down into the water. Wahoo! Finally a decent bucket mouth.

Next cast Bam 2lber!

Than a few blow ups with failed hook sets, but I was content with two beauties seeing the inside of my live wells.

I kept pretty dry despite a solid 4 hours of soggy fishing, and I am still feeling the glow of getting some action!

Thumb is showing the scars of many casts, and brake burns. But every one was earned!
Fun day.
Fun day.
IMG_5113.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 2126 times
Kerrazy

Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Open seat today 11am - 3pm. **Updated***

Post by ipjrobson »

That's awesome. Glad to see that it turned out to be a good day for you.
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seahawk »

How deep and what structure or lure were you fishing for BM bass since I did not caught one when I fished on Sat? thanks.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

seahawk wrote:How deep and what structure or lure were you fishing for BM bass since I did not caught one when I fished on Sat? thanks.
Incredibly shallow, over heavy weed beds, hitting as close as I could to reeds (cat tails) and than retrieving a chartreuse buzz bait with a white curly tailed grub, a steady rewind just under the surface. The odd pause thrown in for good measure.
Kerrazy