Is it too late?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kanabetrumpet
Participant
Participant

Is it too late?

Post by kanabetrumpet »

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if it was too late for me to shore fish around the Ottawa area?

Cheers,

KT
Cheers,

KT (I don't care what kind of fish it is, I'm just glad to catch it)
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Is it too late?

Post by CBB »

Never to late to fish for them as they have to eat and seem to turn on when the weather cools down.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

Never too late.

A few species will start to slow down, for example the Catfish will slow down once WATER temperatures go below around 10 centigrade (caps because the water stays above this temperature long after the air temperatures drop).

There is that annoying interval between open-water and hard-water seasons where finding a spot to fish can be difficult (but not impossible). Then hopefully your onto ice fishing!!!
kanabetrumpet
Participant
Participant

Post by kanabetrumpet »

Thanks for the response! That makes sense about how it is never too late but patterns will change and make it more challenging. Here's hoping I have some luck this week!
Cheers,

KT (I don't care what kind of fish it is, I'm just glad to catch it)
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

You can catch walleyes from shore right up until ice arrives. It's prime time right now... Your chances significantly increase at night. You will catch lots of fish and maybe even a few giants too.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Never too late. I'd be heading to current edges of our main rivers if I was shore bound. The general shallow water areas are likely not the best areas especially as the water cools dramatically this week....

RJ
ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ipjrobson »

I'm going to try to fish up until the ice shows up. I was out the other day and got a perch. Hopefully I can get some carp or catfish too still