Fallpalooza

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Fallpalooza

Post by TheMaverick »

As the season’s end quickly creeps up, that window narrows down, on what is phenomenal fishing.
The fall bite will turn on, of great numbers will be your catches, but it can also shut down really fast.

We decided to head out on Monday and give her a go.
As we launched the boat, the sun slowly melted away that morning frost covered dock.
Water temps raised within minutes, from the low 40’s to mid 40’s.

I had only fished Newboro twice, the shore line can be very enticing with gorgeous lay downs, but was once told that you’ll need to cover too much ground to finally hit a descent fish when hitting the bank.

Luckily enough, Rick knew the lake well.
He brought me on a long weedy flat that makes for a perfect drift when the wind blows in the proper direction.
Needless to say, it blew us perfectly for what was roughly a 150 yards drift, ranging from 10-15 fow.

Jerkbaits where on fire as water temps hit the high 40’s, once the dinks were milked out, The Mean Jigging Machine, also known as Rick, took to a jig, the results were bigger fish.

Now of course fishing does come with a few inevitable mishaps…
Within 5 minutes, Rick managed to break not one, but 2 Megabass 110’s, don’t ask! Moral of this lesson, you gotta pay to play.

Awesome day out, take the time off, enjoy yourself, it’s definitely worth it…..and it sure beats putting up drywall!

If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Fallpalooza

Post by lape0019 »

Awesome write up Bud!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

TheMaverick wrote:it’s definitely worth it…..and it sure beats putting up drywall!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice report fellas, no mention of the missing Oakleys? :P
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

ShawnD wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:it’s definitely worth it…..and it sure beats putting up drywall!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice report fellas, no mention of the missing Oakleys? :P

Just a little right hook, you know i’m kidding! ;)
The Oakleys have yet to show up, they’re missing in action as of yesterday. Someone at the ramp might be very happy to find a pristine pair of sunglasses…then again, not sure if that’s their last known location lol.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

Awesome day on the water, despite the megabass casualties and the missing glasses
- Rick Ozga
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

Poor sad little jerk baits!

I totally agree with the "take time off". You only live once!

I am playing hookie tomorrow to do some multi-species exploration.