Fall St Lawrence Walleye

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
familyfishingfun
Participant
Participant

Fall St Lawrence Walleye

Post by familyfishingfun »

Hello all, I have a question for the forum... I have been to Cardinal in the spring for walleye and have had really good results, has anyone been down in the fall? I plan on going Tuesday next week since it's supposed to be 14 degrees... If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it! My second option is Cornwall near the dam? Thanks for the advise!!!
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Fall St Lawrence Walleye

Post by theDL »

There's fish there all year. Probably won't find the big ones right now but you never know and they fight hard in the current. Try a flashy jigging spoon or blade bait - you need heavy weights in that current too and watch out for snags. You will be spooled in seconds. or troll typical walleye diving baits.

Good luck and post some pics!
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

The Johnson blade bait has been on fire this fall and it seems to be out fishing the Cidca big time. Ed has them at Paddle Tails. Fire Tiger and Blue Silver has been the hot colors but that could change. Just remember to keep a tight line on the drop or you will hang up on your line all the time and it helps to run Floro off a swivel to help from the fouling.
familyfishingfun
Participant
Participant

Post by familyfishingfun »

IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2713 times
Thanks guys, I have had luck in the past dragging bottom bouncers with worms... My 9 year old caught a 9 lbs 2 oz walleye last spring in Cardinal... (We released the fish) I just don't know if Cardinal or Cornwall will be the better spot this time of year? Again, I appreciate the replies!
Attachments
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2713 times
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0454.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2713 times
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Nice fish and it should be good at the Johnstown area as in your pics as the water is a little deeper than at Cardinal. Cornwall should be turning on soon but have never fished below the Dam so not sure when.
LipperRipper
Participant
Participant

Post by LipperRipper »

CBB wrote:Nice fish and it should be good at the Johnstown area as in your pics as the water is a little deeper than at Cardinal. Cornwall should be turning on soon but have never fished below the Dam so not sure when.
Where do you suggest fishing in Cornwall?
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

LipperRipper wrote:
CBB wrote:Nice fish and it should be good at the Johnstown area as in your pics as the water is a little deeper than at Cardinal. Cornwall should be turning on soon but have never fished below the Dam so not sure when.
Where do you suggest fishing in Cornwall?

Not sure as I never fish below the Dam so maybe someone else can fill you in