BAFFLED!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

BAFFLED!

Post by Gord »

Ever since that weather we had a couple of weeks back, the three days of rain and screaming winds, I haven't been able to find fish at all on my section of the Rideau. I'm talking between Merrickville and Kilmarnock. I've tried everything(tubes, drop shot, cranks, spoons, etc.....)and slowed down my presentation to a crawl(water temp is 45F-43F) I'm targeting Smallies, Largies, Pike and Muskie(I could be dreaming about these guys though ...LOL).....any ideas??? :| :? :|
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: BAFFLED!

Post by Lvace »

Hey Gord! I was on the Rideau on Sunday fishing the stretch around the Kemptville creek. At first we where looking for crappie so I was using a small 1/8 jig with a powerbait grub and and got perch and pike then I switch to casting musky lures to nothing so I went to target bass and used a 110 bone white jerkbait and got a musky! Most of my fall fish on jerkbaits have come off of long pauses ! Not sure this helps much but might be clue.... :?
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seahawk »

Hi Gord,

When water temperature reaches 45 F or below I will simply stop chasing bass and try to catch walleye in Rideau river. Actually I only caught a few LM bass after temperature got to 50F strangely no SM bass bit neither.

Lvace, are you talking about Megabass's 110 lure? Any luck to find crappie on Rideau river that section and how deep expected to find them?

Thanks.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Even the walleyes have been tough for me lately. I will try my luck again tonight. I will second Lvace's tip as the fish often hit on long pauses at this time of year.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Netman »

I haven't been getting squat either :lol: It will pick up though. Water temperature on the Larry is still around 51 degrees :shock:
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

I'm pretty sure walleye are almost non existant in my section.....and I'm starting to think the same of muskie as well. I'm gonna give 'er another go tomorrow with jerkbaits......thanks for the tips, dudes......wish me luck! :lol: :)

Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

seahawk wrote:Hi Gord,

When water temperature reaches 45 F or below I will simply stop chasing bass and try to catch walleye in Rideau river. Actually I only caught a few LM bass after temperature got to 50F strangely no SM bass bit neither.

Lvace, are you talking about Megabass's 110 lure? Any luck to find crappie on Rideau river that section and how deep expected to find them?

Thanks.
I would never throw a megabass in the rideau , to afraid to lose it on a snot rocket lol I used the spro mcstick 110 in dirty bone color and also the jackal squad minnow 110 in white! I just find those colors on that stretch of the Rideau work well! Many pike,walleye and musky have hit them !
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

SKUNKING RECIEVED!!! :( :( :? :| :|

Boat is coming out and going into storage tomorrow......then dock will be yanked out. Time to wait for ice! :lol: :lol:

ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ipjrobson »

I was out on the rideau the other day and caught a perch.

On Nov 1 I was at Mooney's Bay fishing and I got a couple of nice smallies and a pike . All on jerkbaits.