2017 Ice Bungalow Rentals

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: 2017 Ice Bungalow Rentals

Post by zippyfx »

We had a great overnight trip. Thanks Yan.

As typical right of passage my youngest watched Yan's fancy, shmansy scoop slide down a hole after skimming it :)

Looking forward to booking a night next year!

Nice to meet some FH regulars (scarner and bazzfish);

Maybe we need FH toques as well.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Pleasure as always hosting you Fotis. Glad the boys enjoyed themselves and some fish cooperated.
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
LarryLongrodd
Participant
Participant

Post by LarryLongrodd »

Looks like a good time!
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

Took a couple of newbies out on the ice last weekend with Yannick. My hut is only a 2-person, so it was such a massive change to see what it is like to spend the night in an 8-person hut! My son is now pushing hard for me to build a new one or expand the hut we have (uh... thanks Yannick?).

It was a slow day and night, but certainly we didn't get skunked. The boys goal was to have fish for breakfast and the site delivered, for us the action was almost all after dark with a nice Walleye, a bunch of small ling, a large link and an unexpected surprise of a small Sturgeon around 3am (small meaning 8 pounds, it almost spooled me!). Sorry no pics of the Sturgeon as I was all alone on the ice and too far from the cabin to go get my camera!

By 10pm the adults were tired out and snoring... the kids still had lots of energy and ended up playing cards and watching TV until well after midnight.

It was a very cold night and there was lots of ice being made. At one point we got a pretty large ice-quake. Since the others were new to spending the night on the ice, it woke them up and I heard panicked voices saying "Steve... what the $^%$# was that!!". Found this crack running as far as the eye could see in both directions beside the huts in the morning.

By morning we had two good fish on the ice selected for breakfast. This is a huge cutting board, checkout the knife beside the ling.

Completing the boy's goal.

Looking forward to doing it again!
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Thanks for the nice write up Steve. Sunday afternoon was the slowest half day we've had at the bungalows all year. I'm glad you were able to get a few topside. The fishing has progressively gotten better all week. The last couple days have been quite good. I look forward to hosting you again. Let me know when you get started building your own bungalow ;)
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

My friends and I have rented a bungalow for this weekend. We can't wait to give these a try. Hopefully the bite will still be on.