Shore Fishing in Ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Harcombe9923
Participant
Participant

Shore Fishing in Ottawa

Post by Harcombe9923 »

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone has any good shore fishing spots in the area (Ottawa and the surrounding region) during the fall. My buddy wants me to take him out and show him how to fish and I'd like to have some success.
If your rod ain't bending you're just pretending.
Pewit
Participant
Participant

Re: Shore Fishing in Ottawa

Post by Pewit »

I've been searching for shore spots for a few weeks now. The only place where I managed to catch some small catfish and pikes was on Petri island bay. But didn't like it there because the bay is small and there were many anglers catching crappie on live bait. So it was difficult to cast between the floats or even to find a free exit to the water. Apparently all decent fish went for deeper waters.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

In case you haven't seen this shore fishing map yet guys, here's the thread. http://www.fish-hawk.net/viewtopic.php? ... ishing+map

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Pewit
Participant
Participant

Post by Pewit »

smitty55 wrote:In case you haven't seen this shore fishing map yet guys, here's the thread. http://www.fish-hawk.net/viewtopic.php? ... ishing+map

Cheers
I've seen it, but thank you anyway!
ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ipjrobson »

I've been catching perch on the Rideau River. I caught some the other day by Billings Bridge and also at Hogs Back
Harcombe9923
Participant
Participant

Post by Harcombe9923 »

My buddy ended up landing a small Muskie at Nicolls Island in Manotick but it was the only bite all day.
river fishing 21
Participant
Participant

Post by river fishing 21 »

If you look up galleta hydro facilty I saw a huge Muskie I've caught 3 pike some walleye and I catch like 15 small mouth every time
Harcombe9923
Participant
Participant

Post by Harcombe9923 »

river fishing 21 wrote:If you look up galleta hydro facilty I saw a huge Muskie I've caught 3 pike some walleye and I catch like 15 small mouth every time
Are you referring to the one by the bridge? I've tried there and only saw carp and didn't have any luck. What were you using?
loophole
Participant
Participant

Post by loophole »

I went there once and never got a bite the whole morning. Not my idea of a good time. But I realize that there are no guarantees when it comes to fishing. Learned that lesson while fishing for trout in any number of places over the years.