BEACHING BIG BULLY SHARKS. Report.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

BEACHING BIG BULLY SHARKS. Report.

Post by Moosebunk »

Down in Florida there was this hurricane named Eddie that made a big ole mess to clean up. Couple days later my hairy, pale butt landed in the Sunshine State for a week of shark fishing. Teeth and grit, sweat and spit, I'm rather thankful to the surf, sands and fish God's for some southern hospitality, delicious subs to-go, full moons and rows and rows and rows of razor sharp teeth that didn't bite any toes off. Bring your towel and drink and come hang on the beach... but just beware of JAWS! :lol:

Full report here...

http://bunksoutdoorangle.com/hurricane- ... ly-sharks/

As always, thanks for reading.

Bunk.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: BEACHING BIG BULLY SHARKS. Report.

Post by Out4trout »

Awesome stuff Bunk - Big toothy grins!! The Jaws t-shirt is a nice touch.

Except for the grumpy warden, sounds like a heckuva trip.
Quite a few years ago, watched a fella land a small hammerhead (3ft) at Fort Desoto. Saltwater is a whole different league!!
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Super, mega, toothy, awesomeness!!!

:shock: :o :shock: :o

Nice trip and nice report.
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

Thanks for providing this educational report about shark fishing along Florida shores. At my age, I'm going to stick with hunting walleyes in the shield lakes of north western Quebec. Great pics bud!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Some Serious Fishing, Writing and Photo Skills !
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Can't say I'm into "burning arms of steel" fishing but it's a lovely report and well worth the read. If I were there I'd be there with you fishing for snapper, snook, and my fav....tarpon. 8)
...anything to bend the rod
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Out4trout wrote:Except for the grumpy warden, sounds like a heckuva trip. Quite a few years ago, watched a fella land a small hammerhead (3ft) at Fort Desoto. Saltwater is a whole different league!!
So much of it Len was eye opening and would surely take more practice. The fish beat you up. I probably watched a dozen or more times, anglers get snapped off by tarpon, or maybe sharks that hit topwaters, or even huge reds, dunno. When guys did hook the tarpon though they ripped like sailfish or marlin fast. Being out the first half of the trip, through the night, wind and some rain, it took some energy. Great thing is, met enough folks down there who know what they're doing, follow the bites and have said to come on back anytime. Ogdensburg to Orlando ain't much more than $100. Will try for those tarpon and reds another time and get a bit more practice. Thanks for reading bud!
Bass Addict wrote:Some Serious Fishing, Writing and Photo Skills !

Thanks again Paul. Happy ya flipped on over for a read. 8)
Tomcat wrote:Thanks for providing this educational report about shark fishing along Florida shores. At my age, I'm going to stick with hunting walleyes in the shield lakes of north western Quebec. Great pics bud!
:lol: Thank you sir! Every bit of fishing for anything is a reward TommyCat. But you make a good point. In 10 years, 20 years, it would maybe be next to impossible to stand out all night and reel in fish to the beach. Alone I would think it impossible if those bulls or a big hammer hooked up. No chasing these fish with a boat it's just a tug of war that could last hours really. Thanks for always reading.
zippyfx wrote:Super, mega, toothy, awesomeness!!! Nice trip and nice report.
They're just sturgeon with teeth and speed. :wink: Little more caution with removing hooks is required. :lol: Thanks man!
scuro wrote:Can't say I'm into "burning arms of steel" fishing but it's a lovely report and well worth the read. If I were there I'd be there with you fishing for snapper, snook, and my fav....tarpon. 8)
The tarpon around Florida Chris will certainly burn the arms. Saw some nice sized snooks and a red caught too. Like Len said, a different league of fish and fishing there. One that you'd need to work out for more. :lol: Thanks! :)
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

AMAZING!!!!

Not my cup of tea, as you would expect from a hard-core panfish guy, although I still want to catch a halibut. Like the size of those SHARKS!!!! But without the teeth and not sleeping at night........... :wink:

Hard water soon I hope.

Doug
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seahawk »

Great fishing trip! was the first one taken in one of the state park in FL since it looks familiar to me?