Lesson learned. CHECK INSIDE THE BOX!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
qcconnection
Participant
Participant

Lesson learned. CHECK INSIDE THE BOX!

Post by qcconnection »

After discovering that Canadian Tire stores in Quebec had a lot of augers on liquidation, I decided to pick up a 10 inch, 51cc model that apparently went for 629$ but was on sale for 314. Found one at the CT in Hull and picked it up on Tuesday afternoon. The box looked old and beat up and had been opened, but had been taped shut. I assumed it had been a display model and was on my way with my new auger. Got home, and opened it to find this.

Needless to say, I was less than impressed. I returned it to the store the next morning, and was accused by the little puke working at the return counter of using the drill because it smelled like old, used gas. The manager standing next to him didn't share his views and said that it was probably a returned item that someone just threw bac in a box. I told him that he couldn't sell this to people like that. The 43cc head might turn the 10 inch auger, but would probably not last.

Anyways, got my money back, went to another CC and got my 51cc 10 inch auger finally. Runs good and cuts fast. Motor is made by Ardisam so it's a re branded Eskimo

Anyways, moral of the story, CHECK THE DAMN BOX before you're out of the store if it looks open or damaged. It'll save you a trip back!

Cheers and happy new year.
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Re: Lesson learned. CHECK INSIDE THE BOX!

Post by laker taker »

Did you give that little puke a slap.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Oh, oh. Went and picked up that same auger. Was my x-mas gift . Have not opened it yet so I guess I had better.
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Glad you got what you wanted in the end
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/