Lakeside Grill White Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Lakeside Grill White Lake

Post by smitty55 »

Just a heads up for anyone looking to try ice fishing White Lake. The restaurant at Cedar Cove Resort will reopen Jan13 at noon and will be open Friday-Sunday for the ice fishing season. Real handy for sledders too. Now that Adams Outfitting has bungalows out too that will be a huge bonus for those doing a weekender or a daily shack rental.

https://www.facebook.com/events/153869345100241/
http://www.adamsoutfitting.ca/

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Lakeside Grill White Lake

Post by Troller »

Awesome Smitty,
Good to know. It is a great way to spend a day in the winter with a group of folks breakfast or lunch, then a fish together on a body of water.
Thanks for sharing.
I would be keen to go!
Cheers
Dave
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Adam just posted some pics of his bungalows. https://www.facebook.com/adamsoutfittin ... =3&theater

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Just saw a post on FB from Adam. Delivery from the grill is available around the lake. Can't beat that.
Here's his post...
Can not wait to get my hands back on some of our famous chicken wings when cedar cove and the lakeside bar and grill re open this afternoon. I wonder if they have missed me as much as I've missed them, iv been experiening serious chicken wing withdrawls. This season I'll be back on my sled doing delivery around the lake. $5 in the bay, $10 outside the bay or $15 to Stewart's island and past.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
rodbreaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rodbreaker »

Some buds and i have a cabin reserved for feb.Cant wait to try the wings on the ice!
Dirty....mean....mighty unclean.
Nugg
Participant
Participant

Post by Nugg »

How are the ice conditions in front of Cedar Cove? I am looking to head out on Sunday, with a tent, and wanted to make sure it was worth the drive.
rodbreaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rodbreaker »

Was out there about 2 weeks ago,had about 5inches of black ice.that was before all the rain tho?
Dirty....mean....mighty unclean.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

FYI. I was just talking to Cedar Cove. All ice shacks are out. 12" of ice in the bay and only around 6" on the main lake.

For those wishing access to the lake they do provide free parking but request not to use the main parking lot, but use the overflow lot to the left of the main building.
Here's a quick link to the ice shack page. http://www.adamsoutfitting.ca/ice-huts.html

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Thanks Smitty for the details, just to be clear you can access the ice from Cedar Cove?
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

riverdog wrote:Thanks Smitty for the details, just to be clear you can access the ice from Cedar Cove?
Yep, no charge. Just watch where you park as they want to keep the main lot for restaurant patrons.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Nugg
Participant
Participant

Post by Nugg »

Great day at Cedar Cove today on White Lake.

Parking was exactly as you mentioned and we had good clear ice. We had lunch at Lakeside Grill; it was delicious.

The only thing we were surprised by was....Adam's Outfitting would not sell us bait because we did not rent a hut from him. Lesson learned I guess and we will need to bring bait with us the next time we head out.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Nugg wrote:Great day at Cedar Cove today on White Lake.

Parking was exactly as you mentioned and we had good clear ice. We had lunch at Lakeside Grill; it was delicious.

The only thing we were surprised by was....Adam's Outfitting would not sell us bait because we did not rent a hut from him. Lesson learned I guess and we will need to bring bait with us the next time we head out.
Good to see you had a great day. Did you stay for the Walleye bite?
That's a shame about the minnows. I'm not sure if Waba bait is open anymore. Morris is getting well on in years now. Make an appointment with Serge next time if you're in Ottawa.
I just rechecked Adam's site and the first two mentions of minnows are under Ice Hut Rentals but the third mention is under "Extra Rentals", so IMO it could be construed as being available for sale. Now maybe he was running short and had to prioritize his rental customers or that could be policy. Maybe that's all his license allows. Either way, I think it should be made much clearer on his website. I'm not shy lol, I'll give him a shout and run it by him.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

So I talked to Adam this morning about minnows and yep, his license only allows him to sell to rental customers and limits the amount he can have on hand. He did mention that he would try and clarify it better on his site.

On a side note, on Saturday a 10lb Walleye came through the ice in the bay. Now that's a fine fish.

Just a general statement here. There have been problems in past years with big messes being left on the ice, specially around ice shacks. Now those main culprits have been denied access this year and were responsible for Pickerel Bay Lodge closing their gates last year after these same aholes wrecked the shoreline pulling their shacks off the ice.
So just a reminder to make sure and clean up after yourself. Adam has already been cleaning up garbage like food containers from the grill that guys with portable shacks have been leaving on the ice. It's not hard to have some respect.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
noggin83
Participant
Participant

Post by noggin83 »

That's great news about the grill being open. Sounds like something I might take advantage of.
Out of curiosity, is there any public access on that side of the lake? I've only ever put in on the south end during summer...

Cheers!
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

We went to the (3-mile) bay and got skunked last night... Went from 1pm-7pm. Seemed like a decent number of people out there though.

Got to try out the new portable shelter + a home made wood stove though lol

E