Windy Walleyes.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy Walleyes.

Post by fatluke »

Made it out on the bay both mornings this weekend. Saturday morning was a bust with a few dink walleyes and perch. There was open water Saturday, where we had been standing on 3" of ice on Monday. The rain and warm weather at the beginning of the week really got the current flowing and took the ice away. Anyway, it was a nice morning and I enjoyed watching the steam rise off the open water as the sun came up. The current was really moving and the water had become very murky. Not sure if that had anything to do with the bite being off, but I'll use that as the excuse. lol

This morning we were expecting the harsh cold and winds that were forecast, but once we made it to the access point we were greeted with a "warm" -13 Celsius and no wind. This was perfect, but the hourly forecast was still calling for the winds to start at 7:00, and they weren't wrong. When it came, it came hard. We were fishing a flat this morning, and should have been more mobile, but once the wind picked up, it came on hard so we didn't move once. We had one flurry of fish come through and we all picked up a keeper. Called it quits at 10:30.

It will be nice when things with the weather stabilize (if they do), and we get the machine's on the ice and be more mobile.

Johnny popped his head in my shack to say good bye so we snapped a couple shots of our quarry for the morning.

And he snapped a pick of my one fish for the morning:

If you're planning on venturing out on Quinte, it's still not safe to say the ice is good, so spud your way out, don't go alone, take a rope, and respect the ice and currents.

Tight lines till next time.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windy Walleyes.

Post by RJ »

Nice Walleyesicle. :lol:

RJ
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

I give you credit just for going out in the wind on the ice. Congrats on the Walleye
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Luke - you're back in the game big time. Nice to see.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Thank goodness for warm shelters! Nice eyes
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Nice walters Luke!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!