Worms vs Nymphs for hard water Rainbows?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Worms vs Nymphs for hard water Rainbows?

Post by Canmoore »

Worms or Nymphs for Rainbows? I am planning a trip for some bows in a lake up near Calabogie. I have read that a micro jig tipped with a worm or Nymph works well for Rainbows in small bodies of water. I am wondering what the community prefers, and if any baitshop sells Nymphs in the Ottawa area?
qcconnection
Participant
Participant

Re: Worms vs Nymphs for hard water Rainbows?

Post by qcconnection »

We've been catching stockers with the Power Bait Nibblets. Get a small hook, run some mono or flouro 12-14 inches up to your main line and slide the nugget on just above the hook on the mono.

" 70 percent of the time, it works every time "
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Worms are my favourite. Also hard to beat a dace minnow on a set-line for rainbows.

Cant say Ive used Nymphs, though I have fished with wax worms for trout but always seem to switch back to the ol' dew worm! Single split-shot wacky rigged will get them chompin' :D
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

Thanks!! In case you were wondering where I was getting my information from, it was from this mainly.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/trout-salmo ... bow-trout/
Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Post by Trilynx »

Hey Canmoore, if you wouldn't mind company let me know when you're going. I'm always wanting to go adventure out that way but I really don't know the area so I could use the help from someone who knows.

Steve