Truck goes through the ice Hooples Creek

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Truck goes through the ice Hooples Creek

Post by kevinv »

Trilynx
Participant
Participant

Re: Truck goes through the ice Hooples Creek

Post by Trilynx »

He drove too close to the bridge. I still didn't want to take my truck on last weekend and I had 12" under my shack.

Steve
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

I think he got lost and drove towards the bridge and down he went. Always bad there and also in front of Wales Island as the current off the middle causway bounces off the shoreline. Also 2 bad spot on the Old Hoople Bay where the boat launch is as the old cultverts are still down there from before the seaway and causes a boil off both shores as one guy found out yrs ago in a car and a few snowmobile. I will not be surprised to see them restrict access in the near future as almost all the Parks is now shut down for access to the river and it is a shame and no one will do a thing about it. The Goverment kept all land along the river after the Ontario Hydro Electric project flooded farms and home along the river so that all local people would have free access to the river, Just ask Ed Lumley as they tried to block us in the early 80's and Ed had it changed in less than a week. Our Rep now will not even talk about it.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Real smart advice from the OPP.

"Avoid any open holes in lakes and rivers." Well duhh.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

It hasn't really been that cold for vehicles on ice in my opinion along the St.Lawrence. Sometimes age comes into play & sounds like that was the case here. Glad everybody made it out ok!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!