Crappie bay

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Crappie bay

Post by Joshfisher »

Hey just womdering if this warm spell has impacted the ice much at crappie bay. Side not. Going there today come say hi.
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Crappie bay

Post by Canmoore »

If it helps I was out on Dalhousie yesterday, there was a solid 8 inches with about 2 inches of slush ontop. Lots of ATV'S and Sleds out on the ice!
BackwoodsFishing
Participant
Participant

Post by BackwoodsFishing »

How was the ice when you went out and any luck?
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I drove by Petrie on Saturday afternoon and it was a zoo on the ice, including people still driving on it.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Bungalow Bay still has 18 - 20" of ice. The road entrance is wet but the ice is fine. We didn't even lose the 2 inches of snow on the ice, let alone any ice last week. I imagine Crappie Bay has similar conditions.
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

Plenty of ice, almost no slush. didn't even seem like the ice realized it wasn't ice weather. the perch were hammering the bite, by 7-8pm the perch died off and some decent slabs made it topside. Although I have not ever fished petrie so I was wondering if people notice lil growth sacs that all the perch seem to be infected by. I haven't seen this in other areas around Ottawa and im not talking about the lil black dotting.
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

in other news perch seem to be loving this warm weather, my normal honey hole that holds the normal perch and crappie selection of <8inchs surprised me with 5 over 11 inches in less then 2 hours, among 40 or so other perch.