Calabogie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Calabogie

Post by Joshfisher »

Hey all,

Lo9ng shot here but I want to try fishing for some different fish then perch and crappie and was hoping I could tag along with someone to fish for trout. I haven't targeted them before but caught a couple trolling the soft water.

Thanks!
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Calabogie

Post by Laker_Taker »

How long can you ride in the trunk of a car while blindfolded? Might be the only way anyone takes you to any of their trout lakes. Trout lakes are more secretive than debit card pin numbers to most fishermen.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Laker_Taker wrote:How long can you ride in the trunk of a car while blindfolded? Might be the only way anyone takes you to any of their trout lakes. Trout lakes are more secretive than debit card pin numbers to most fishermen.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

I know I was hoping there was some well known lake that people wouldn't mind. and for the car thing, ya id spend 1.5hs maybe longer if I had a bag of jerky.
just want to know more along the lines of how to fish for them technique wise over where. there is only so much you can learn online.
streamfisher93
Participant
Participant

Post by streamfisher93 »

Minnows or worms on a jigging rod and a minnow swimming 6 inches beneath a spoon on a trailer hook or just a typical jig. dont fish deeper then 10ft stay relatively close to shore maybe setting a deadstick at 5-6 feet and jig 7-10 in the middle of the column (ideally find the dropoff), thats the best i can give to ya for icing brookies!
Do what you love and let it kill you, we are all floatin down the river of life may as well fish until the ride ends.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Josh I would start by using the Fish ON-Line service to look for trout lakes that are closer to roads. https://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.c ... cale=en-US
Offhand I could mention a lake like Limestone for Rainbow or Green lake off the French Line for Specks. Or if you want to travel further you could try a lake like Tooeys or either of the Twin Lakes, all are close to hwy 41.

As for fishing techniques it doesn't get much simpler that a spool of line with some split shot and small hooks. Grab a nice slender switch from the shoreline and you're all set. Now sure some guys like to jig with spoons or even regular jigs or bucktails. I've had success jigging with a small blade bait too. Another method is to take the hook off a spoon and attach a leader to the split ring with a small hook and bait.

As has been mentioned, you may have a hard time getting someone to take you in to their favorite lakes, which is why I mentioned some of those well known ones that are easy to access. Good luck.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

Thank you for the link and info im gonna go on a roady and check out a few lakes.