Looking to trade soft water fishing for ice fishing.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CanBassK
Participant
Participant

Looking to trade soft water fishing for ice fishing.

Post by CanBassK »

Hey guys, as I've stated in an earlier post, I'm looking to get into ice fishing. I went to a place that rents shacks and drills holes for you, but you're stuck with those 5 holes and if there is nothing in that area, tough luck!

I would love to be able to actively look for fish if the bite is not on, and to be able to try other spots. However, I don't want to buy an auger untill I know that I like ice fishing. I don't want to buy one then find out it's not for me.
So what I'm looking for is someone to take me out to Petri island (crappie bay) or somewhere that has a good chance of hooking into some perch or crappie, I don't need to catch huge fish, just want to catch fish! I have my own transportation. (On a side note, I wouldn't mind a fishery that is on the cleaner side, I'm not sure eating anything coming out of Petri island is a good idea)

In return, I can take you out bass fishing on one of my favorite lakes in the area! I have an inflatable boat, and know some amazing spots on the lake!

Looking for this to happen on Saturday November 4th
Taking names, and catchin bass
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Re: Looking to trade soft water fishing for ice fishing.

Post by Joshfisher »

Hey I have a few places around Ottawa that I know hold thousands perch and some crappie and even the occasional pike and eyes. I also have more then enough gear to outfit 2 people fishing.
CanBassK
Participant
Participant

Post by CanBassK »

I have gear, (snow pants, an ice rod/reel, jigs, plastics) the only thing I don't have is an auger, a flasher, or the knowledge of where to find fish lol
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

Perfect and are you dead set on Saturday?
CanBassK
Participant
Participant

Post by CanBassK »

It could be any Saturday really, Sundays are usually my run around and do errands day, and I work on weekdays. This Saturday won't work, but any Saturday after would be awesome.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Just to add on this post. I live in Orleans, close to Petrie. I do not ice fish as much as I used to. Though, if anyone gets you out, and find a spot you like (Petrie) or otherwise, I have a brand new hand auger, used only 2 times you are more than welcome to borrow, if you plan to fish in the east end. It saves you from buying one, and also gives you an option to drill more than one or 2 holes. I know it is not a gas or drill auger, but the offer stands if you don't mind making swiss cheeze on the ice by hand.

F.F
Joshfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Joshfisher »

sounds good,

I usually try and make it out a few times a week after work and most weekends are spent out there.

just pm me on here if you want to go.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

I could meet up with you as well. I have an auger, but have a lot of trouble getting through the ice with it, but it's me and not the auger (it works fine and someone stronger has no issue).

I have a flasher and one man flip. And I love Petrie. You can get a good assortment of fish there.

ETA: Assuming you meant 4-Feb? Not Nov???? :wink: :lol:
CanBassK
Participant
Participant

Post by CanBassK »

Oneeleven wrote:
ETA: Assuming you meant 4-Feb? Not Nov???? :wink: :lol:

Yep, definitely ment February lol!
FLOATFISHIN wrote:Just to add on this post. I live in Orleans, close to Petrie. I do not ice fish as much as I used to. Though, if anyone gets you out, and find a spot you like (Petrie) or otherwise, I have a brand new hand auger, used only 2 times you are more than welcome to borrow, if you plan to fish in the east end. It saves you from buying one, and also gives you an option to drill more than one or 2 holes. I know it is not a gas or drill auger, but the offer stands if you don't mind making swiss cheeze on the ice by hand.

F.F
I love how helpful this community is! I may just take you up on that offer

I'm gonna check with the wife to see what the 4th looks like for us, and see 100% for sure if I'm gonna be out on the ice. For me Petri island is a 15 min drive if I take the ferry.
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Post by badbass72 »

If you ever want to come to the Valley more than welcome to join us for a day. Fishing results vary but the company will get you hooked lol
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle